PDA

View Full Version : Ju-Ju-Be Packabe vs Be Right Back

hlphillips2
03-30-2008, 09:30 PM
I know there are some posts with comparisons between these two, but I still have a few questions. Unfortunately the backpacks aren't carried at any stores around here so I can't check them out in person. Definitely want a backpack this time around.

I have this compulsion to be uber organized - the big empty center of my current diaper bag is something that can drive me nuts. But I'll be juggling a three-year-old and newborn now so I'm unsure whether that big space will be more important now. With the BeRightBack is there enough room for two changes of clothes, a few books & toys in the big section? With it being more than 3lbs empty do people find them really heavy? I'm concerned it will be too much with two kids. And it looks like the Packabee only has one big compartment and two outer compartments (so no place really to put diapers) - or is that incorrect? Does it have an insulated bottle holder?

Also, any recommendations of where to purchase them? Are there ever any deals or discounts on certain sites? Am I missing another brand that I should definitely check out? I have a few months before it's necessary but knowing how long it took to pick my stroller I'd better start ordering soon.

Thanks!

gatorsmom
04-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't know anything about the Be Right Back diaper bag. I own a Packabe and love it. I however, have 3 in diapers so need a BIG bag. I know that when I was doing research there were many websites that showed the inside of the Packabe. In addition to the 2 front flap pockets (which have little organizer pockets inside them), the bag has 2 insulated side pockets which are great for holding bottles or sippy cups. The inside has 2 elasticized net pockets and a zipper pocket that holds a few small things (I keep a couple of tampons and bottles of infant tylenol, mylecon, etc.

The inside of all the compartments as well as the outside is made of an antimicrobial fabric which is water resistant and easy to wipe off. It's really a great bag- my favorite of all the diaper bag backpacks I''ve owned.

hth

hlphillips2
04-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks Lisa!

For anyone who searches this topic I wanted to post my own pros and cons to the Be Right Back which I just received. Maybe it can help someone else with the decision...

The BRB is a BIG bag - much bigger than I anticipated. I'm petite and it seems overpowering, however it will be perfect for a trip next week. DD's DVD player fits in the top half of the bag with plenty of room for her potty seat, diapers & wipes, extra set of clothes and a sleeve of DVDs. Her big DVD case would not fit however - it was much too cramped and left no room for anything else. The bottom area is perfect for various sizes of small tupperware so I can be even more organized. And I love the side pockets for sippy cup and water bottle.

But even with all the wonderful organization it's a big bag. Even though I got this in anticipation of a toddler and infant, it's just too big and heavy. I can't imagine using this on a daily basis to run errands for several hours. Maybe for the zoo or a day trip, but not daily. I've only tried the Packabe at the store (haven't put anything in it) but it seems much more reasonable for carrying. I've read though that the straps can be uncomfortable (padded straps are available for extra). I was afraid that the openness of the bag would be a drawback, but after seeing both I don't think it's a bad thing. Particularly if extra clothes or spit cloths are placed in the bottom.

pastrygirl
04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I missed this thread when it was first posted! I'm a recent convert to the BRB from the Package. I'm a bit overweight and not petite, so I don't find the BRB that big -- definitely not as big as it looks in the photos on the JJB gallery page. I thought I loved the Packabe but decided to try the BRB. It was a great switch for me! It's more comfy, though I think it is heavier. I don't use it every day but I think I would be able to, especially since I can hang it from a stroller. I love the organization!

For the Packabe, I heard a tip to put clothing, etc., at the bottom -- stuff you don't reach for every day. I kept my Be Mine and wallet in the front flap pockets, and used a Be Quick for diapers inside the main compartment. That helped with organization. I also don't use the JJB changing pad since it's so small. That cuts down on the weight. :)

If you don't mind buying a pre-loved JJB, you can find great deals on the JJB "Pink Room" forum on the JJB website. I've gotten a few bags there and just sold my Packabe there!

jesseandgrace
05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I think you will prefer the BRB if you don't want a big empty space, and you want lots of organization. I don't find it that big, and the organization is fabulous! The one thing that bugs me about it is that there isn't one long pocket that goes the length of the bag for my laptop or magazines. Not a big deal for daily use, but a pain for travel. You can fit magazines in the way back, but not a laptop.

tnrnchick74
05-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry, I'm not much help between those 2 styles but ANY JJB IS AWESOME!!!!