PDA

View Full Version : LGA v. JFK?

teddy
03-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I am planning to fly in for the weekend with DD to see a show on Broadway. We plan to stay within the Broadway/Times Square area since our time is so short.

Would it be better to fly into LaGuardia or to JFK? ANything else to consider?

tylersmama
03-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Without a doubt, LGA. JFK can be a nightmare, both navigating the airport itself, and traffic to and from. LGA is a much "friendlier" airport in my opinion. JFK does have the option of taking the train into the city but with luggage and a toddler, I'm guessing you won't want to mess with that anyway, so take a cab.

The only reason I would fly into JFK over LGA is if there was a SIGNIFICANT cost savings.

You might also consider flying into Newark (EWR). It's not really any farther away and the only problem might be fighting tunnel traffic if your flight is at the "wrong" time of day.

I lived in northern NJ for a while, and we always did our best to fly out of EWR or LGA. The couple of times we had to fly out of JFK were just not very enjoyable.

Good luck, and I'm jealous! I :heartbeat: NYC, and especially Broadway!

Melbel
03-31-2008, 03:36 AM
I second the LGA preference. We were staying in Times Square in NYC last week and had a wonderful time. We were universally told LGA vs. JFK. I hope you enjoy your trip!

teddy
03-31-2008, 10:04 PM
LGA it is! And I booked a direct flight as well. YAAAY!

Another quick question - do hotels typically have shuttle buses that pick up/drop off to airports? Or do I just cab it? thanks :)

tylersmama
03-31-2008, 10:26 PM
No shuttles, usually, although you can double check with the one you book with. Cabs are the way to go! Have an awesome time!