PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Best Booster Seat for tall 4 yo.

shesse
03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Before I buy a booster seat, I thought I would consult the boards. You all are experts and I value your opinion.
I have a very big 4 year old son. He is 44 or 45 inches tall and 65 lbs. He is the size of a 6 or 7 year old.
I have tried sitting him in a few of the boosters with backs and his head clears the wings. Are there any boosters with backs that you think might fit him?
He is in a Britax Huskey right now, but I wanted to get a booster as an extra for other vehicles.
Thanks for your input!!
Shannon

DarcyD
04-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Have you tried the Graco Turbo booster? It was the top recommended booster to use with a seat belt in toddler bargains. They sell it at Walmart, so you could even take your son and sit him in it. It seemed very tall to me when I looked at it.

Neatfreak
04-02-2008, 11:09 PM
You will probably get many more responses if you posted this to the carseat forum on the Baby Bargains board - lots of booster talk going on there!

Since your son is so young, he would benefit from the extra safety of a convertible seat that has a five point harness. The Graco Nautilus is getting a lot of good reviews. It can be harnessed to 65 lbs (or until the harness slots are outgrown - and they're high!) and then it converts to a high-back booster to 100 lbs.

If you are not in a rush to purchase another seat for your son, Britax is launching a convertible seat called the Frontier that harnesses to a high weight and then morphs to a booster. The rumour is that it will be on the shelves sometime this spring, and some retailers are doing pre-orders right now.

shesse
04-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks! I am pretty sure we tried that Nautilus and it was too low, but I will look again. I will have to read up on the new Britax and see how heavy it is going to be. I love the Britax brand. Thanks for the input!
Shannon