PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy those foam mats/blocks for crawling at a good price?

veronica
04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm talking about the ones preschools and daycares have. I have seen them online at sites like toddlerfitness.com and they are a true fortune. You crawl and climb on the or through them and there are a ton of set up available. they are the vinyl covered big foam blocks.

DD is 2 and loves the "steps" at her daycare and DS is 9 months and just starting to get his groove on so I am thinking this might be a win-win for us. I have been scouting craigslist as much as I can but since these toys/mats don't have a common name, I have only really seen them for sale once.

Can anyone recommend where to buy these? Used would be fine with us.

brittone2
04-01-2008, 12:33 PM
nak-
when I worked in early intervention as a pediatric PT, I had access to all of the professional wedges, bolsters, etc., but honestly, in most cases I just did things like put couch cushions on the floor to encourage baby to crawl over them (which helps some kids learn to go from belly crawling to creeping on hands/knees). They can also pull to stand more easily in many cases w/ cushions removed from the couch (if you have that style of couch).

IMO you really don't need special equipment.

ThreeofUs
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
I saw perfectly wonderful wedges, etc., at Target for a very good price. They were foam covered in that tough, plasticy fabric that you see at most day cares.

I bought mine from Walmart 3 years ago. I've found them to be really enabling - and DS likes them enough to play with them every day. They become forts, caves, mountains - as well as steps up to his bunk bed and to help him reach the sink.