PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat for breakfast?

SnuggleBuggles
04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm trying to be healthier and make sure that I continue to safely lose weight while breastfeeding (with hopes that this time it will stay off when he weans at a later age!). For breakfast I have been eatng about 300 clories worth of food- 1 slice multigrain toast, 1T of peanut butter, and one 8oz cup of lowfat chocolate milk. If I am really pressed for time I just drink the chocolate milk (180 calories- it is my biggest splurge of the day but I love it so much!). Does that sound like a decent breakfast? What do you eat? How many calories, roughly?

Beth

niccig
04-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure on calories, but I have a bowl of oatmeal with yogurt and fruit mixed in, or I have a few whole grain cereals that I'll have with milk and with fruit. Toast isn't enough for me, I'll be snacking again in no time. If I'm making eggs for DS, I'll have some on toast with fruit. I drink water with lemon or tea/coffee as well. I was never a breakfast eater, then once I started, I HAVE to eat a fair bit in the morning to stop snacking etc later on.

lfp2n
04-01-2008, 03:08 PM
1 Activia prune yogurt 110 cals
1 cup Fiber One 120 Cals
1 skim milk very dry cappucino (30-50?? cals)

Lots of fiber (116% daily dose) and some calcium, I wish the cereal didn't have aspartame but there you go. I never believed in breakfast but I do think it helps me eat less through the day.

Lucy DD 3/03

egoldber
04-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I have either:

2 eggs with a multigrain English muffin or wrapped in a whole grain tortilla

or

old-fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon (I make it with skim milk)

or

a Weight Watchers bagel with sunflower seed butter (I'm trying to avoid PB while Amy is nursing)

Those are all around 250-350 calories.

And of course, my ever beloved coffee.

Sometimes I also have a serving of V8 which I adore.

You can track your food intake with something like fitday.com or sparkpeople.com. I find it very helpful to actually track everything I put into my mouth when I am trying to lose weight.

I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

ahrimie
04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
i don't really pay attention to calories and instead try to focus on filling up with fiber so that i feel full longer. eating small portions all throughout the day really works for me. i usually pick something from the bottom along with some fruit (peaches, blueberries, bananas, apples are my fave). if anything, i probably splurge the most on breakfast... it's better to eat more earlier in the day than at dinner. and i find if i eat a good and filling breakfast, i don't have to eat at much later on.

oatmeal with skim milk (like the pp)

kashi cereal with skim milk

2 mulit-grain toasts with PB and a dab of honey

3 boiled eggs (but i only eat the whites)

and i snack throughout the day with another type of fruit or veggies (carrot sticks, celery, cucumbers, etc)

vludmilla
04-01-2008, 07:20 PM
I usually eat a Kashi cereal (Go Lean, GL Crunch, or sometimes DD's Mighty Bites). When DH makes a batch of steel cut oatmeal I'll eat that with some fruit in it. Occasionally on the weekends we eat eggs or go out to a really nice cafe for a semi-gourmet breakfast with homemade breads and such....yum

maestramommy
04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I dont' know about calorie count, but generally I eat two strips of Veggie bacon (Morningstar), a slice of toasted something with pb, and either some steelcut oats or bowl of cereal. And most mornings a mug of half-caff with a dollop of 2% and a tsp of sugar. These days I'm too busy feeding two kids so I usually leave out the cereal. It's too hard to eat when I have to feed a baby her cereal. The other stuff is easier and the coffee I have when baby is taking her first nap.

On Saturday mornings Dh makes TJ's multigrain pancakes, and we have that with maple syrup and the veggie bacon. We each get 3 pancakes.

marina
05-20-2008, 05:50 PM
i don't know if you guys have tried this, but this morning DH made steel cut oats and put chocolate chips in there, which melted and made chocolate oatmeal! it was so good - i just had to share.

vludmilla
05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Wow. Sounds delicious, I definitely want to try it. Maybe if they're dark choc chips I don't have to feel too guilty.