PDA

View Full Version : I am so sore

niccig
04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I posted in Mommy Fit about how a friend persuaded me to join her in a fitness bootcamp. The 5.30am start is bad enough, but it's only day 2 and I am very sore. I knew it would be like this, I used to work out with a trainer 2 years ago, so I was expecting some level of soreness -but this is more than that. Nothing is injured. I'm just discovering muscles that I never knew I had and I'm doing more than I thought I could. I'm actually jogging and keeping up with the other ladies. I think I need a soak in a bath of epsom salts or better yet, a massage!

lizajane
04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
you can do it, mama!!! go go go!!! whoo hoo!!! definitely take a nice hot soak in some epsom salts. and STRETCH. very gently, slowly and for a long hold. and breath! and be sure you get some potasium to get rid of the lactic acid build up. eat some bananas!!! good for you for gettin' fit!

niccig
04-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Bananas. Of course. I'll go get some as soon as DS wakes up. I would never do bootcamp on my own, too early for me, but my friend really wants to get into shape and feels this will kick start things for her, and she really wanted the company. I'm OK once we're there, but getting up early is very difficult for me. Knowing I'll get an extra 20 pushups if we're late and remembering what the scale said at my weigh-in, is major motivation.