PDA

View Full Version : Quinny Zapp & Quinny Dreami Buzz

uengjc
04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi! Brand new to forum, but thought i'd try posting a question :)

Friends living in Germany bought the Quinny Zapp w/maxi-cosi cabrio fix car seat & absolutely LOVE it for traveling. we think it looks cool too, so found the travel system (zapp stroller & car seat) on amazon for ~ same price as our friends got theirs in germany.

However, I also see there is a Quinny Dreami Buzz bassinet that appears to snap into the Buzz stroller wheel base - anyone know if this fits the Quinny Zapp or if it's ONLY for the Quinny Buzz stroller/wheel base?

it'd be great to have the zapp wheel base w/interchangeable car seat, stroller, AND bassinet :)

also, there's an easy base that's advertised on the german websites for use w/car seat - apparently makes it easier to use the maxi-cosi seat in cars?? is it really necessary/that much more convenient?

Any inputs for an upcoming 1st time mom would be great - so many products, hard to figure out the path to take...

thanks!
joy

Scott Bennett
04-06-2008, 10:26 AM
We had a European Zapp, (and a Buzz), the Maxi Cosi and the bassinet (our daughter was born in 05). The bassinet doesn't fit in the Zapp- or at least it didn't a couple years ago. I think we used the bassinet maybe 4 times in total, so I personally wouldn't buy one again.

My understanding is that the American version of the Maxi Cosi they sell here now is quite different than the one we had. You can get them with a Latch base now, which is probably what you are looking at. We didn't think it was difficult at all using the regular car seat belts. It was a really light, compact seat too, which was nice.

Overall, we were really happy with both the Zapp and the M-C. They are both great for traveling.

uengjc
04-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the input, Scott! I'm now researching the valco runabout trimode w/bassinet - a cousin is giving us a graco snugride carseat, so having a stroller that fits that seat seems to make more sense AND my husband's thinking he would jog w/the baby, so a slightly heavier duty stroller may suit our needs better.

kwlargop
05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Has anyone traveled on an airplane with the Quinny Buzz? If so how did you transport the base? I think the toddler seat would fit underneath the seat or in the overhead, but I'm concerned what to do with the base since Quinny from my search does not make a travel carriers.

maestramommy
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Joy! Saw your post on the Quinny and thought of you LOL!