PDA

View Full Version : Stylish tops/dresses for a bustier woman?

s7714
04-02-2008, 01:13 AM
I love a lot of the shirts and summer dresses on the market right now, but so many of them are so gosh darn low cut that my (not enormous but ample) 34DD cleavage makes them look rather risqué. I mean I don't mind showing off a little cleavage, but I hate having to layer practically every shirt and dress with something underneath to avoid flashing too much boobage when bending over to pick up a DD at preschool or something! When trying things on, I feel like so many clothing lines are cut for women who are like a B cup or smaller and not for those with a little more chest.

Are there any good brands/stores out there that make stylish shirts (and dresses) for women who have a chest? (I'm a size 10-12 generally, fwiw.)

TIA for any suggestions (and thanks for listening to my gripe ;) ).

jhrabosk
04-02-2008, 01:14 PM
We're about the same size, so I completely feel your pain. Except my larger gripe is generally about all the shirts I can't wear b/c going braless isn't an opion (and no, a shelf-bra cami doesn't cut it).

One thought is maybe to try a different bra for lower cut shirts? Just a shot in the dark, really, but I have some bras that sort of set me a little wider apart so there's not as much cleavage. KWIM?

Beyond that wisdom ;)...

I've been buying a lot of Boden. Camis under the stuff that's intended to be layered, obviously, but I find some nice moderately low cut stuff there as well. I also like to buy button-down blouses (when I can find ones that fit properly) b/c you have more control over how much you show.

HTH!

s7714
04-02-2008, 06:36 PM
One thought is maybe to try a different bra for lower cut shirts? Just a shot in the dark, really, but I have some bras that sort of set me a little wider apart so there's not as much cleavage. KWIM?

I guess it's not so much cleavage per se as it is just flesh exposure really. (I don't even have any bras that give that stereotypical pushed together cleavage line. :ROTFLMAO: ) Maybe it's really just a fear that my DD will pull down any low cut shirt and flash my bra to the world (which she has done on more than one occasion)!