PDA

View Full Version : Wooden toys

TwinsItIs
04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
For reasonable prices. Which website do you like for your wooden toy choices? There's Oompa, Maukilo etc... but frankly, I want to go with a site that gives me a coupon once in a while. I also want a site that has reasonable prices. What's your choice?

brittone2
04-02-2008, 03:35 PM
A lot of the manufacturers won't allow their retailers to discount below a certain amount. 10 or 15% off codes at the sites you listed and others come around once in a while. Kidsurplus.com sometimes has Haba, etc. marked down a bit, but they also sometimes inflate the regular retail price.

The other catch is that the falling value of the dollar means the retailers are having to pay higher wholesale prices to buy Haba, Selecta, and other Euro toys which affects the discounts they can offer.

I'm not much help!

TwinsItIs
04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Anyone care to post the sites they do use? I'd like know what's out there.

Thanks

lisams
04-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Anyone care to post the sites they do use? I'd like know what's out there.

Thanks

I love www.atoygarden.com great toys and wonderful, quick customer service. 10% off purchases over $25 "STB1008", expires 3/31/2008

lisams
04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Here's a great blog for finding more natural toys - she lists stores with coupon codes (look on the left of her blog) http://saras-toy-box.blogspot.com/