PDA

View Full Version : Less pricey alternative to glamourmom nursing tank?

s_gosney
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi ladies,

I think this time around, I want to try some nursing tanks. I looked at the ones at target, but the ones I saw just have a shelf-bra. I don't have large breasts (maybe a C while nursing), but I have problems with my nipples showing through thinner bras and it seems that would be the case with the target version. Since glamourmom has a real built in bra, I thought it might work better, but they are expensive! Oh and to make it even more complicated, I'd like to have the option for the longer length because I have a long torso. So, any other options out there or do I just have to pay the price?

Thanks!

Sherri
dd 10/03
ds edd 05/08

Canna
04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't believe the Glamourmom ones have a "real" bra either. The ones I have are just a shelf bra as well. My nipples show through in those as much as in the Target version. The bravado nursing tank has more of a bra I think (and comes in bra sizes) - I don't have one of the bravado ones, though, so can't say from personal experience.

ETA: Yeah, the bravado one has "molded cup" according to the expressiva site. They're also on sale on this website:

www.expressiva.com/baz_product.asp?p_prod_id=B910&p_cat_id=3&Nursing_Bras_`Celebrity_Favorite`_Bravado_Bra_Tank

dsb22
04-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Glamourmom tank and top material isn't any thicker than Target in terms of show- through. They do have a mesh bra inside that holds nursing pads in place, and the nursing pads took care of the show-through problem for me. The last time I looked at the Gmom website they were having a sale on some colors. You can get them for a bit less on eBay as well. I would love to find some alternatives just for variety, but my Gmom tanks have held up for over a year of nursing without stretching out or even really fading, so the cost has been worth it for me. If I was still nursing a lot I would try out the Bravado top as well, it looks promising.

s_gosney
04-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh, thanks! That's good to know about the glamourmom tanks. Once I'm not hugely pregnant, I'll have to see if the target ones will be long enough for me or not and how they hold up. Maybe the nursing pads will be adequate for the show through problem though it seems like you'd see the outline of those too....hopefully not though.
I'll also look into the bravado ones (even more expensive, sigh...). It looks like there are a couple of stores locally that carrry them, so at least I can check them out in person.
Thanks again!

Sherri

WatchingThemGrow
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
The Bravado ones are thick and nice. I have 2. I know I've read about some mamas having plugged ducts with the GM ones because of the shape of the cut-out, but it could just be a few people who were prone to them anyway. Have fun picking some out!

egoldber
04-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I would buy maybe one of 2 or 3 different types. The GM tanks gave me plugged ducts, but the Target tanks have been fine for me.

american_mama
04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I have no real life experience, but Emma Jean is a British brand that is sold on ebay and got a rave here by a poster who I know well, but whose name is escaping me. The ebay seller just sent me a link yesterday.

jvs195
04-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I HATED my Target Nursing Tank, it just never hit me in the right spot. I have not yet tried others, but just ordered the Glamourmom from lucy:

http://www.lucy.com/jump.jsp?itemID=12867&itemType=PRODUCT&size=&sort=&path=1%2C2%2C236%2C271&iProductID=12867

There's a 25% off code: 0308estyle good through 4/13/08

s_gosney
04-09-2008, 02:29 PM
There's a 25% off code: 0308estyle good through 4/13/08

Oh thanks for the code, and to the pp for the other tips! I'm still stuck on what to get, but for now I'm leaning towards the target ones first (might as well try the cheap ones first to see if they work, right) and then once my size semi-stabilizes if I need to "upgrade" I can.

In case anyone's interested...For other money saving options in addition to this code, there's a thread on a babycenter sale in the bargains forum and I noticed they have some glamourmom stuff marked down too.

Sherri