PDA

View Full Version : 40 weeks pregnant and not dilated!!!!

spencersmommy
04-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Ugh...I'm officially a "day late" and still not dilated! I have been walking, eating spicy foods, all that stuff....I was 2-3 days late with my other 2 kiddos, but at least I was dilated for weeks before that.
I am ready to be done! Please send me labor vibes!!!! :-) :-)

mama2g03
04-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Sending you lots of labor vibes to get your little one moving. I remember the days at the end of pregnancy of being so ready to meet that sweet baby - it felt like it would never get there. Good luck!

SnuggleBuggles
04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Ah, don't worry about it. Labor can happen any time. :) I actually didn't get checked till after 41w b/c I knew the stats would drive me nutty. Seems like mom could be 4cm for weeks so I would totally get my hopes up...or be crushed at no changes. Are you effaced at all? How about the position of the cervix? Baby's station? Maybe you're making progress in something in other than dilation. :) Don't worry....labor will come. 3rd time moms often don't have much prior progress. Labor vibes coming your way!

Beth

spencersmommy
04-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I am a little effaced, she didn't say how much. Baby's head was still high yesterday. thanks for your labor vibes!!!

scoop22
04-02-2008, 05:23 PM
LABOR VIBES COMING YOUR WAY MAMA!!!

i totally feel your frustration. last week when he checked me i told him i didn't want to know. it is something i don't want to think about.
with ds i was 2 weeks early induced so this 40 weeks is killing me. i hope to see an update with baby news soon.

brittone2
04-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I know it is hard, but it isn't that great of a predictor even if you are dilated. With DS, I was dilated 2-3 cm (progressing to the 3 as I got closer to my EDD) and was 80% effaced for 3 weeks prior to my due date. He was born 1 week before his EDD. I had tons of contractions 2-3 weeks before I went into labor, and things actually calmed down the week prior to going into active labor with him LOL.

With DD, I made it to my due date and was barely dilated if I remember right. I hadn't consented to any checks prior to that but we decided to see where things were. I made plans w/ my midwives for how we'd handle things over the next two weeks with a non stress test, etc. I went into labor a day after my EDD and after laboring an hour or two at most was 10 cm dilated w/ no flipping idea LOL (I showed up to the birth center 10 cm dilated but wasn't sure I was in active labor ;) )

In my case, dilation/effacement didn't predict when I'd go into labor very well at all. I never had bloody show in advance, or loose BMs or any of that. With DS my water broke right away so that was a big clue ;) , but with DD I thought I was going to go two weeks late and my labor with her was ridiculously short, fast, and easy even though I didn't get a head start on dilating like I did w/ DS.

Hang in there and good luck!

spencersmommy
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks Brittone2! :-) Your words are encouraging me!
Scoop22...sending labor vibes your way too!!!! Keep us updated!

SnuggleBuggles
04-02-2008, 06:59 PM
I can add my story with ds2. I finally got checked at 41w1d or 41w3d, depending on who you asked. At noon that day I was barely a 2, 25% and baby was -2. I went into labor at 3pm (I had my membranes stripped at that check up and it appears that I am one of the 25% that actually works for!). Checked in to the birth center at midnight and was 4cm and I don't remember. Pretty dismal stats for 41+w! But, labor happened and progressed well. :)

Beth

lizajane
04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
sending my empathy. dylan was 8 days late (and started dialating at 36 weeks!). hang in there, mama! the end is near!

momtoonegirl
04-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Sending Labor Vibes as well :boogie:

I was fingertip dilated and 80% effaced as of my due date. The OB stated that if I wasn't in labor by 41 weeks, that they would induce labor. I went walking in the days preceding the day that I was scheduled for the induction, and still no little one yet. The morning that I was scheduled for the induction, I felt some contractions and thought they were Braxton-Hicks, and then went to the hospital for the induction. When I was hooked up to the monitors, they said that I didn't have to have the induction because I was contracting every 2-3 minutes! So DD made her appearance eventually, just on her time :)

Melanie
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Effacement is more of an indicator than dialation. I was never dialated before I went into labor (water broke first) with Dc.

Hoping you'll soon be holding baby!

Staraglimmer
04-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I feel your pain. I have 10 days till my DueDate, and as of yesterday, I wasn't dilated or effaced or anything. I don't even think this child has figured out which way is out.

Your baby will come soon. We are all wishing you well!!!

kep
04-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Ahh, 40-42 weeks. Officially the longest two weeks of pregnancy. Labor vibes headed your way!

klwa
04-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Yep. I remember it well. With DS, I was (according to the docs) a week late & even after my water broke, I was only 1 cm dialated. And yet, I had him within 14 hours of water breaking. And within about 6 hours of dialation starting.

KrisM
04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I was dilated to 1cm at 41w3d. She was born 2 days later.

My SIL was not dilated at all at 3pm one day when she felt "odd". My nephew was born 12 hours later and 5.5 weeks early.

My cousin attended my wedding, 2.5 hours away from her home, dilated to 4cm. Her son was born 12 days later.

I don't think it tells you anything at all.