PDA

View Full Version : new to everything!

steven888
04-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Hi everyone, my wife, Kim, and I are expecting our first baby on 9/25. WOO HOO! We are so excited, not to mention freaking out! Kim just recently passed her first tri and everything is going great. We just recently told all of our family and friends, and Kim is just soaking up all the attention.

Our life for the past few months have been mostly staying at home and planning for the baby. My wife has taken on all the big responsibilities like making sure that she is eating healthy and meeting with all the doctors and scheduling appointments. I am trying to take care of everything else so that she doesn't have to worry about it, like cleaning the house, cooking, food shopping, laundry, etc etc etc. I've noticed that I've been saying "yes dear" a lot more lately.

Anyway, reading everyone's comments on these message boards, and reading Baby Bargains, has quite honestly been a huge help. Lately, I've been looking to get an idea of how to decorate our nursery. I've posted a couple of messages in the baby bedding and decor section, but just found this bios section. So, I thought I would write.

Kim and I met in 1995, got married on April 3rd, 2002, (yes, we just had our 6th year anniversary yesterday). We enjoyed our life as a couple for the past 6 years, we took a tour of Italy last October, and finally decided to start our family. So here we are now.

We are a Chinese American couple living in NJ. On Kim's side of the family, our child will be the first great grandchild for her grandmother. So this birth is a BIG deal. My MIL cannot stop smiling. And my 2 sister-in-laws are thrilled. We are already getting so many gifts from her side of the family.
On my side of the family, I am actually the last of my generation of sisters and cousins to have a child. No one ever thought this day will come. Even more importantly, I am the last to carry on our family name. So there is a lot of pressure to have a boy. My side of the family are all cleaning out there houses by getting all their hand-me-downs ready to clutter my house. There is much love on both sides. We are just so happy and extremely lucky to have so many friends and family supporting us. I am really looking forward to learning everything through this site from all the experienced "parents" out there. Please don't hesitate to steer me in the right direction. God knows I'll need it.

Proud father to be, Steven

kedss
04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
welcome to the boards, Steven! :)
and congratulations!

AngelaS
04-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the boards. :)

My dh is last of his line too. I understand the pressure. :P

mustangcobra44
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Wow another guy on here!! Welcome man. Doing the right thing is like driving a car - there are some clearly defined lines not to cross but for the most part as long as you keep it between the lines and do what is best for you and your family (not MIL, your mom, ect - you, wife, and baby) it'll all be good. We had our second just over a week ago and I can certainly tell you it's a way different feeling than the first. I was so freaked out about EVERYTHING the first time around. Now we now what works for us, have figured out what part she and I are playing so we can function as a team and be more efficient. It's really cool that some things are unspoken this time around. I know what my wife wants and when she needs it so we're like a well oiled machine most of the time. Anyways, congrats bud.