PDA

View Full Version : What to do when overnights leak in 9 month old???

veronica
04-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I used Huggies overnights on DD with great success when she was little. We just bought our first package for 9 month old DS and they have leaked every single time (even if we change during the night). He is 20 pounds and clearly in size 3 (size 4 starts at 22lbs) so we are at a loss. They seem to leak from the sides and front when it gets fuller and the back stays a bit dry.

I called Huggies and they were surprised since they rarely get complaints on these dipes. they are refunding me, I was surprised and thought I would get coupons. But, now what do we do? Hid regular cruisers hold the pee much better but I know that won't last much longer as he grows.

cono0507
04-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I always have found that the weight ranges given on a diaper package aren't quite right for me and that we move up a size earlier than the weight range would suggest. At the moment, my 20 pound 8 month old is in size 5 Huggies Overnights because that's what I had on hand from my 3 year old (who also wears the size 5's at 30 pounds). I might try going up to the 4's or 5's and see if that contains him. I've really always had success with Huggies OVernights. Good luck!

WatchingThemGrow
04-05-2008, 11:28 AM
We've never tried the Overnights as we're Pampers fans. We'd just size up for nighttime and that almost always did the trick. Twice DD leaked out the top, so I went to BRU and got Diaper Doublers for $3, but we only put them in a time or two (forgot). The problem never reoccurred.

One thing you may want to try is moving the last feeding up and giving the liquid some time to pass through the system before putting a clean diaper on for the night.

We're happily reusing those Doublers now as pee pads in the Bjorn little potty in the car, so they weren't a waste!

jerigirl
04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Pay no attention to the weight limits on the packages. I have moved DS up to the next size as early as 8lbs before the weight limit listed. I go by fit and if we start to have leaking. I would try the size 4. I think you will find that they will take care of the problem. My DS has been in a size 5 since before he was 12 months. Now at 22 months I have to investigate other night time options becuase he is about outgrown the size 5 night time dipes and that is the biggest size. I am hanging on as long as I can though.
GL!
jeri

Marriedladytara
04-05-2008, 05:01 PM
We always moved up a size when DS started leaking, but I also added diaper doublers. They are available in lots of baby stores and are like a sanitary napkin that goes in the diaper. They worked wonders for overnight!

MarisaSF
04-07-2008, 01:54 AM
After trying everything else for DS, I was finally advised to go for Huggies Overnights. I started my son around the age/weight of your son. By the guidelines, he should have been a 3, but I could only find 4 and 5, so I got the 4. They have worked really well! A dry baby is a happy baby. :)

veronica
04-10-2008, 12:05 PM
I must have a "super soaker". Off to try doublers...I hope amazon has them,Babies R Us is an hour away!

jerigirl
04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
I must have a "super soaker". Off to try doublers...I hope amazon has them,Babies R Us is an hour away!
check your grocery store for the doublers. They might carry them too.

jeri

mmsmom
04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Huggies overnights work for my DS. Are you making sure his penis is aimed down into the diaper? I find if I forget to do this then there is a leak out the top or sides... which makes sense because that's the way it's aiming!

HIU8
04-10-2008, 04:16 PM
DD is 10 months old, 22 lbs and in size 5 diapers. I never go by the weight they give on the box. DD is very big in the middle and she leaks when the diaper is to small, so I move her up. That being said, when she outgrows the size 5 overnights I don't know what I will do--although I may try diaper doublers.

mom2binsd
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I found my kiddo's only went through a week or so of leaking....and so for those times I just put two diapers on them overnight...layered the top one slightly higher up on the belly...especially easy if you happen to have two different sizes of dipes...put the smaller one on first...I also double diaper when we are going out and will be holding DS a lot...I find when we have him sitting in our laps, in our arms at hockey games (my DH is the GM of a team so we go to all 38 games a season) he tends to leak with all the shifting around etc. DS doesn't have any trouble moving around wearing 2 dipes.