PDA

View Full Version : Swim goggles for small 3yo

niccig
04-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm trying to find a pair of swim goggles for DS. He's a small 3yo. I've tried the speedo kids goggles and they don't fit and he hates putting them on. I also tried the speedo ones that look more like a scuba mask, again they're too big, they for ages 4 and up. Both DH and I scuba dive, so ones that look more like a mask might be easier to get DS to wear them. At the moment, he won't wear goggles and he says the water at the pool hurts his eyes.

Has anyone tried the Aqua Sphere Kids goggles?
http://www.aquasphereswim.com/products/seal_kid_clear.html

Are there any other goggles to try.

Thanks.

AmyZ
04-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I remember that MarisaSF posted about some great goggles last summer.

Of course, all of our bookmarks are gone now :32: but you could try to search.

o_mom
04-05-2008, 11:46 PM
I have a friend that RAVES over those Aquasphere ones for her very narrow faced daughter.

MarisaSF
04-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I remember that MarisaSF posted about some great goggles last summer.

Of course, all of our bookmarks are gone now :32: but you could try to search.

LOL... I was just coming to respond. You have a good memory. :D

Aquasphere -- all the way! DD called them her "super hero goggles." :jammin: They are so easy to adjust. We don't have the Seal ones that you linked to. DD has the Moby Kids -- both tinted for outside and clear for indoor lessons. FWIW, I swim and don't like the Aquaspheres for myself, but I use them like sunglasses when I'm just playing in the pool with the kids. I bought a pair for myself thinking DD would be more willing to wear hers if they were "like Mommy's," but she couldn't care less if I have them on or not. :P

Happy Swimming!

niccig
04-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks. I'll take DS to the store tomorrow. I would prefer the Moby for him, but he may want a mask like Mummy and Daddy wear diving. I like the idea of the easy to adjust strap - DS always complains that it hurts his hair when I try to put normal goggles on.