PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when DH does not pick up his cell phone...

kozachka
04-05-2008, 05:50 PM
...it makes me nervous and wondering what he is up to. I can't help but think than he is getting drunk again. He's been gone since 8PM and it is almost 1AM right now. He was in a restaurant last time I spoke to him at just before 10PM. He's been doing so much better and did not drink for about a month. Under a threat of divorce and lots of pressure from his mom, DH went to AA meetings (two week-ends in a row) and finally admitted he has a problem. He saw a doctor for initial counseling session but did not like him. Never called the other doctor that was recommended to him. And refused to go to AA meeting this and past week-end as "it takes too much time". So I guess this was to be expected :(.

We argued over upcoming vacation on Friday and he took off this morning "to have some personal time" so DS and I did not see him till 3PM. DH constantly complains about everything, mostly not having anything in his life but work and taking care of DS. His business is also under a lot of presure as the market has changed and it is much more difficult to get clients. But I still don't think it's a reason to get drunk :irked:.

I am just so tired of this crap and so not looking forward to :3: with DH over this yet again. A-g-r-r-r!

elephantmeg
04-05-2008, 07:49 PM
just wanted to send hugs

hbridge
04-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Hope all is well and that things were better than you thought. With a history of drinking it can be really difficult to think all is well, but I'm hoping he lost track of time and the cell phone battery died...

Lots of hugs and hoping for the best for you.

LD92599
04-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I hope you've heard from him by now, but i doubt you have. Hopefully you can rest OK tonight knowing what's most likely going to walk in the door :hug:

Sillygirl
04-05-2008, 09:35 PM
If there's AA where you are, I'm hoping that means there's also a Al-Anon chapter, and that you're going.

LD92599
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
If there's AA where you are, I'm hoping that means there's also a Al-Anon chapter, and that you're going.

Definitely..please get yourself to an Al Anon meeting. It's for YOU, not him. There may even be online meetings.

Ceepa
04-06-2008, 08:24 AM
sending you hugs.

kozachka
04-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you for all the :hug: , ladies. I really needed them. It's a long and difficult road and I could use all the support I can get.

I've heard about Al-Anon but there is no chapter locally. AA has meetings open to family members once a month. I will aim to attend the next one if I am in town.

punkrockmama
04-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Girl, I've got mad love for ya. Big hugs from me and I hope everything's OK right now where you are.