PDA

View Full Version : Last minute DL questions

StantonHyde
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
We leave in one week for DL. First visit. And I just wondered: How bad are the lines in the middle of the week? We will be there Monday-Thursday, leaving Friday. I just want to be prepared.

What are your tips for occupying children in line? (5.5 and 3)

twinstar
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Weekdays are the best for Disneyland! And most schools are back in session so it shouldn't be too crowded at all right now. I have also noticed that there are slightly more people at DL on Wednesdays (there are schools half-day on Wednesday for whatever reason) and Fridays (of course). As for how to preoccupy small children in line, I suggest food or bubbles :)

luvmypeanut
04-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I love the weekdays because it's not as crowded. We do always include a weekend because I just love the fireworks.

For really long lines like Nemo, I bring along my ipod so they can watch movies or listen to music. I also have movies on my blackberry. Snacks are good. For my girly dd, I play with her hair and put it up or in braids. DS likes to play with my camera. But most of the time they're pretty good in line and we talk or sing songs. My kids also like to study the park map.

Wife_and_mommy
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Does DL not have FastPass like DW? If so, I'd just go to each ride and collect FP's then window shop or whatever until your appt. time.

Have fun!

s7714
04-10-2008, 12:33 AM
I'd say the average wait for rides on weekdays (non-summer) is 20 minutes. Often it's less. A few popular rides can build up longer lines during peak times. Finding Nemo is a really slow line, so IMO if you and your DCs don't care much about Nemo I'd honestly skip it :innocent:!

s7714
04-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Does DL not have FastPass like DW? If so, I'd just go to each ride and collect FP's then window shop or whatever until your appt. time.

Have fun!

DL has FastPass too, but it's not usually that much of a time saver on non-summer weekdays since the lines are so short.

urquie
04-10-2008, 03:22 AM
if you have a 3+ day park hopper pass, you'll get to enter fantasyland an hour before the park opens on one of the "magical morning" days (or two early entry days if staying at a disney hotel). this will save you a lot of time spent in lines in fantasyland. here is a suggested ride order to get in the most rides, in the shortest period of time, on an early entry day (from disboards.com)

"- Peter Pan (always first – it’s the slowest loading)
- Dumbo (always second - very slow loading)
- Matterhorn - I goofed. I didn't know there was ANOTHER LINE. (if i had gone to the line on the FAR side of the mountain it would have been about 3-4 minutes...didn't realize it till we were almost on.)
- Alice
the rest of these the order is not so important...
- teacups
- Mr. Toad
- Snow White
- Pinochio
- Carousel"

the disboards is a wealth of information (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)!

especially this post!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483

HydroGuy Tips Compilation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have numerous tips scattered around DIS that get referenced frequently, and wanted to add a compilation to my signature line for easier access. So I needed a thread to collect them all. There is no need to post responses here, but if you want to then go ahead.

ABBREVIATIONS

DLR Abbreviations List - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784

RESORT GUIDES

"A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

"An Introduction To WDW For DLR Vets" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=16541636

WEATHER

"Detailed Weather History for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158

"Detailed Weather History for WDW" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004631

"Comparison of Weather For WDW and DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1711098

FASTPASS AT DLR

"Getting the Most Out of FastPass During High Season" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885132 (Note that all info in this two-year-old thread is still valid)

"FastPass for Dummies and Smarties - A Photographic Explanation" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1186052

"Which Fast Pass First?" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1107718 (see my post #4 in that thread)

"Strategies For Using DL and DCA Opening Time Differences to Collect More Fastpasses"
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553197

I did not author this next thread, but I reference it in so many of my other tips that I decided to include it here. It is a sticky thread on MiceChat, and is kept up to date by the author, Darkbeer. It is the Bible of FASTPASS.

"The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets" www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5720

SEASONAL AT DLR

"Getting The Most Out of a Summer Visit To DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345319

"What You Should Know About Off-Season at DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889

"HydroGuy's High Season/Off Season Tradeoff Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199852

OTHER DLR TOPICS

"Hidden Time Losses When Using a Car At DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1381580

"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862

"HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199851

"HydroGuy's How To Avoid Long Lines Rules" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199856

"HydroGuy's Make Sure You Get On Your Favorite Ride Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199860

"RideMax Critique Plus Conventional and Unconventional Usage on August 1-4 Trip" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885134

OTHER GOOD TIPS I DID NOT WRITE

"Magic Morning (Early Entry) Super Thread" by DLR29 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1675403

"Jedi Training Academy Tips" by Hound 109 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1478699

"Why I ParkHop at DLR" by Hound 109 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1491961

"Critique of MM/EE" by Hound 109 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392671

StantonHyde
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Good gravy--that is amazing. I totally copied the Jedi training post. I hope he gets in!

Emmas Mom
04-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey, we're going to be there on Monday & Tuesday! I'll look for you so we can say hi! ;)

s7714
04-11-2008, 01:26 AM
- Matterhorn - I goofed. I didn't know there was ANOTHER LINE. (if i had gone to the line on the FAR side of the mountain it would have been about 3-4 minutes...didn't realize it till we were almost on.)

On slower days they'll sometimes close off one of the lines though. We usually do a quick walk around to double check before getting in line. But yes, there's been many times we've waited less than 10 minutes in one line while the other line has been half way around the mountain!