PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for a 2 year old in Sweden

bwbutters
04-07-2008, 09:37 PM
My friend in Sweden is adopting a 2 year old boy from China this month. She's being inundated with clothing for him so I'd like to send over some age appropriate toys that she might not be able to easily get him. Any ideas for light-weight, easy-to-ship toys? Thanks.

Bean606
04-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I have relatives in Europe, and I found that I can go on the amazon website for that country (e.g., amazon.fr for France) and order stuff from that site (they'll convert the money into the Euro on your credit card), and the shipping is SO MUCH cheaper than purchasing something here and shipping it. I don't know if they have amazon in Sweden, but you might want to check it out.

P.S. as for toys, maybe some bath books or bath toys?

lowrioh
04-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree with the PP, if you can order from Sweden you should try to go that route because international shipping is really pricey. If you order from Sweden perhaps Swedish childrens books,CDs or DVDs might be a good idea. It might help him learn Swedish more easily.
If you decide to ship over something, you might want to look into the flat rate Global Priority boxes. If you can fit it into the box you can ship up to 20 pounds for $37. We have family in South Africa and I can usually stuff a LOT of things in that box.

urquie
04-08-2008, 10:45 AM
playsilks!

skohng
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
i know you're asking for toys, but does your friend have a wrap or baby carrier? it'll really promote bonding time, provided that the child is open to it.

Masik
04-11-2008, 08:18 PM
i know you're asking for toys, but does your friend have a wrap or baby carrier? it'll really promote bonding time, provided that the child is open to it.

As I understood, the baby is a 2yo toddler ;)