PDA

View Full Version : DH... talk about crazy

bethie_73
04-07-2008, 10:43 PM
We are in the process of moving. We are renting a van on Sunday for some of the stuff and we have movers coming Monday.

Anyway, I am slowly bringing stuff over to the other house every day with DS. Today DH comes with us, we go inside, and I'm excited because I can unpack some of the stuff I have brought over. I carry things to their correct room and unpack some and then we get ready to go and get dinner.

Then DH says to me... you know when you bring things over I'd appreciate it if you didn't just throw them anywhere. You have just put all this stuff in the living room and it doesn't belong there. :6:

So I need to pack, load the car, bring things in, put them in the correct place, watch our overactive 2 yr old DS while doing all this... oh and WORK FULL TIME.

Hey, I'm sorry, I'll just stop bringing things over during the day then. :11:

Geez, I explained that I'm just trying to get stuff in the door, and I don't always have time to unpack them. He is such an engineer!!!!!

kozachka
04-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Moving is stressful. Big :hug5: . And unless DH can do better, he should keep his thoughts to himself. DH and I have moved a few times and travelled a ton so we know we have completely different packing style (my suitcases/boxes are very tightly and neatly packed, he is just happy to dump everything together in a huge suitcase/box) so we pack separately and let each other do it in his/her style to avoid conflict.

MamaMolly
04-08-2008, 12:49 PM
DUH! When my DH says something like that I find it helpful to agree with him. Apologize profusely, tell him he's absolutely and totally right, and then LEAVE HIM TO IT!
Give him your DC, your boxes, and tell him to have at it, and show you how it 'ought to' be done.

He'll see the light, and have a little more appreciation for you!

ellies mom
04-08-2008, 01:16 PM
DUH! When my DH says something like that I find it helpful to agree with him. Apologize profusely, tell him he's absolutely and totally right, and then LEAVE HIM TO IT!
Give him your DC, your boxes, and tell him to have at it, and show you how it 'ought to' be done.

He'll see the light, and have a little more appreciation for you!

You are way nicer than I am. I skip the entire agreeing and apologizing stage and go straight for the "have at it" stage.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh man.... in our house we have a rule. If you can do it better then go for it. Really, it works both ways and has worked well for us. In your situation though, I would have dropped a box on his foot! ;)

LBW
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh man.... in our house we have a rule. If you can do it better then go for it. Really, it works both ways and has worked well for us. In your situation though, I would have dropped a box on his foot! ;)

If we had this rule DH would no NOTHING!