PDA

View Full Version : Favorite potty training resources?

Emmas Mom
04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm having a hard time remembering how we PT'd DD#1. I'm not having much luck with DD#2 though. I do remember that DD#1 would go #1 & #2 by the time DD#2 was born & we were pretty much using pull ups only by that time. DD#2 is now almost at that age & she's no where near where her sister was. I'm really not trying to compare our two DD's & have no problem with it taking DD#2 longer but I just cannot remember what we did! Books or videos or just trying to consistently put her on the potty. I need some new ideas here & am hoping some of you have some for me. Really I just want to stop having to buy diapers before we start trying for #3 & have to start it all over again.

Also, if I start putting her in training pants occasionally I know there will inevitably be messes. We pretty much have wall to wall carpet. What are you best cleaning methods. I think that's what I dread most....cleaning the mess.

Davids-Coco
04-08-2008, 08:29 PM
I live by BioKleen... it works on blood on my undies, poop and food on clothes, and (my all time fav) cat vomit. it gets anything out.

WatchingThemGrow
04-08-2008, 11:12 PM
DD loves My Big Girl Potty by Joanna Cole, Hanna training unders, and the Bjorn insert and stool. That being said, she pooped in them at the library today (YUK) and I couldn't get the double stroller (and DS) into their bathroom with enough room to clean her up. She had to ride home in it (double yuk). Thankfully, I bathed her and DH took care of the undies. horrid mess, but I guess no worse than doing cloth.

eliasmom
04-09-2008, 06:01 PM
FWIW, I'm just starting to prep DD for PTing. I ordered the Go, Potty, Go DVD from Amazon last week thinking it would familiarize her with some of the concepts and it has cute animated pandas. Well.... there's a "peer pressure" song that basically says babies wear diapers, but big kids wear underwear. My child is apparently very susceptible to peer pressure because she immediately tried to take off her pants & dipe to use the potty. Other than a little heavy-handedness with the peer pressure, it is a really cute DVD with fun songs, including a nice song about washing your hands.