PDA

View Full Version : Stupid doctor's office!

AbbysMom
04-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Someone from my doc's office calls Monday at 5:30 saying to call back. I can't because the office is closed so I call yesterday morning. When I call at 9, they tell me that woman isn't in but they are sure she was just calling to reschedule me because my doc is out on medical leave until after her baby is born (which by the look of her will be a long time). So of course, I need to keep an appt in the same relative time because I need the 2nd half of my bloodwork done so I get an appointment with a nurse practitioner. I say fine as long as I can pick a new doctor to stay with for the rest of my pregnancy. The girl could care less.

So then I get another call in the afternoon from the docs office. Turns out, they weren't calling to reschedule but to tell me that I have a low lying placenta they saw on my transnucal ultrasound. She had no info but wants me to follow up with another ultrasound. but she says I have to book it at the special radiology place I went to for the transnuchal ultrasound which I had to pay more for. I had placenta previa in my last pregnancy which was diagnosed at their office so I don't know why they are sending me offsite to pay more this time. She says she'll speak to a doctor and call me back which she never did.

Now I feel completely let loose by the doctors office - I have no doctor and don't know who to contact with questions. I know I exercised during my whole last pregnancy but I'm worried without getting advice from a doc. I'm calling again today but don't know who to ask for. Urgh!!!!!!!

kellyd
04-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm so sorry your dr.s office is being so nuts! Hopefully you get your answers today!

hbridge
04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh, I know that feeling of being abandoned by a doctor all to well...

Definitely call back and tell them you need to speak to a doctor NOW (or at least today)! You are their patient and you deserve answers! Before you call, make a list of all of your questions and concerns so you can stay focused if the emotions start to take over. Find out who you will be seeing, who will be following you through this pregnancy and why these tests are being done! Also, make sure you know who you need to speak with if an emergency occurs. It's terrifying to call a doctors office in the middle of the night with an emergency and be told you are no longer their patient and have to wait until morning to get it sorted out, so find that information out TODAY.

You will get through this and you may just find a wonderful new doctor in the process, but it is terribly frustration to be that patient that has an issue during the time of "transition".

Best of luck and know that it will work out!