PDA

View Full Version : training pants for larger child?

clc053103
04-09-2008, 02:10 PM
My DS is only 2 1/2 but wears a size 4 or even a 5 in pants....yet your easy-to-find Gerber training pants only go to 3T (I find this shocking since I know of many boys not trained by 3 that would need a larger size!) I am not sure where to go- I would like to move right to the pants rather than use pull ups all the time b/c they are so diaper like and absorbent- he doesn't realize he's gone, even with the cool feel lining.

Can anyone recommend a training pant like Gerber, but available in larger sizes like a 4/5 or 4/6?

Thanks!

californiagirl
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Have you tried the Gerbers? DD, who is 4, is still wearing hers... and since she was 2 when she started they aren't even the largest size. DH can't figure out why I'm surprised -- aren't training pants always large? He remembers wearing his to school, and he wasn't small for his age, either.

WatchingThemGrow
04-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Looks like Hannas go up to size 110, which should work for him, right? I'll have to caution you, though. We got the white ones on sale in Dec. They fit at the right time (DD is just getting into some 90s and PTing), so we ordered the blue/green/red combo pack that's on sale in XS. tiny. We got the Smalls in that set now and they fit great. I guess they were made in different countries/factories. All this to say, I'd go for the white ones if you're willing to spend that much. They do seem to be cheaper than pull-ups, right?

http://www.hannaandersson.com/Style.asp?from=BA&styleid=FY32684&simg=32684_001&mwc=001&imgSN=1

sarahbrown29
04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
My DD is in a size 3T but wears the 24mo Gerber trainers. They are HUGE! You might want to try a pair :-)