PDA

View Full Version : No DH, you cannot lock the bedroom door & shower with me!

Emmas Mom
04-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I had to get up early today because it was Kindergarten registration day (I still can't believe we're going to have a Kindergartener!). So I am running late because we had a rough night with the girls, of course it's the night before I have to get up earlier than normal. I'm rushing through my shower & DH comes & wants to get in with me? WTH?! I look at him like he's joking. Uh, both the girls are up & they constantly run in & out of our room. He says he LOCKED THE DOOR. What?! He locks a two & a four year old out of our bedroom & thinks it's ok for them to run around unsupervised while he wants to get frisky in the shower?! Then he starts pouting about we're never spontaneous anymore & haven't taken a shower together since we moved into this house last summer AND that we'll be quick. Um, seriously?! So basically you're feeling a little selfish & are interested in just yourself this morning. Whatever. Our shower here is a stand alone & barely big enough for one person much less two. There's a very good reason we haven't "tried out" the shower! THEN he starts to get snippy with me. Are you kidding me?! I have to go register our daughter for Kindergarten! Apparently it's first come first serve with the track system & so I really was trying to hurry. That's the only reason I was up early to begin with. What's wrong with evenings when it's quiet & the girls are asleep?! It's not like he's deprived or anything! I finally get it through his head that it's NOT going to happen right then & not one minute after I turn the water off BOTH the girls are banging at the door to get in. MEN! :32:

ritacheetah
04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
OMG that is so funny (not).

Kungjo
04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Sigh! Men! BTDT.

DrSally
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Men will do anything when it comes to you know what.

Neatfreak
04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Sadly, I can see my husband having the exact same thought one day in the future ...

MartiesMom2B
04-10-2008, 01:56 PM
It's moments like those that I quickly step out of the shower (hopefully after cleaning myself) and tell him to go ahead by himself and to make sure he cleans up after himself in the shower.

luvmypeanut
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
DH has sprung this on me many times, though without the locking the bedroom door part. Childhood trauma anyone?

lisams
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
"We'll be quick" Now that'll get ya' in the mood, NOT! Sometimes guys are so clueless. Now if he were to be spontaneous about scrubbing the shower with a smile...