PDA

View Full Version : I have no right to complain... but...

jal
04-09-2008, 04:24 PM
...why is it that it took 4 years to get pregnant with DS #1 (and a 2" thick file at the RE's office), 3 miscarriages and 3 years to get pregnant with DS#2, then we make plans and spend money around the idea of getting ready to "start trying" for #3 this month (which we don't really expect to ever happen) only for her to come up with a BFP before we even "try".

Obviously we're quite thrilled, but gees it's throwing a money wrench into several things we had lined up (non-refundable trip she won't go on now, supplies purchased to get ready to "try" we don't need, stocked up on a 3 month supply of a medication that has to change, etc).

cleo27
04-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Wow - that is ironic. Guess life had other plans for you.

Congrats to you both! Hopefully you can get a replacement ticket. Even if you lose out on the ticket, think of the money and time you will save from not having to go through all the RE's office.

LBW
04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Are you sure you can't go on the trip? I traveled during all of my pregnancies and did fine. We won't be traveling now for a while because I can't imagine trying to go anywhere with three boys! I'm so glad we went to Ireland last summer because it'll be a few years at least before we can manage another trip like that with three kids.

Kungjo
04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Congrats! Funny how things work out huh? So happy for you.

fortato
04-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Count your blessings. Stop complaining.

After what your wife went through, you need to suck it up and be happy.

Congratulations!

Radosti
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
...why is it that it took 4 years to get pregnant with DS #1 (and a 2" thick file at the RE's office), 3 miscarriages and 3 years to get pregnant with DS#2, then we make plans and spend money around the idea of getting ready to "start trying" for #3 this month (which we don't really expect to ever happen) only for her to come up with a BFP before we even "try".

Obviously we're quite thrilled, but gees it's throwing a money wrench into several things we had lined up (non-refundable trip she won't go on now, supplies purchased to get ready to "try" we don't need, stocked up on a 3 month supply of a medication that has to change, etc).

So, if I was your wife, I'd be very upset with you right now. Obviously, you aren't as thrilled as you pretend since you are complaining about the other stuff. Do you know the emotional toll 3 miscarriages have on a woman's mental and physical wellbeing? Do you know how hard it is to be going for fertility and be treated like a broken baby machine? And you are complaining about this miracle??? Who cares that the meds are prepaid? Who cares about the silly trip in the long run? And why do you assume she can't go on the trip now?

Anyway, I might be a bit grumpy right now, but a BFP is not something you should even consider complaining about.

JBaxter
04-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Your right you dont have any reason to complain. Count your blessings for that precious baby growing in your wifes belly.

jal
04-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow - that is ironic. Guess life had other plans for you...

This was inline with my attitude for posting... that it's just an ironic twist of life.

...Obviously, you aren't as thrilled as you pretend since you are complaining about the other stuff. Do you know the emotional toll 3 miscarriages have on a woman's mental and physical wellbeing? Do you know how hard it is to be going for fertility and be treated like a broken baby machine?...

That's being pretty %@# presumptuous.

I'm sorry I didn't regale you with the details of how those miscarriages affected me... for they proved to me that we are loved before we are even born. I'm sorry I didn't regale you with the details of sitting in the RE's office holding me wifes hand as WE learned about what OUR infertility issues... how at one time it seemed hopeless, how at one time IVF was the only option the RE could provide us, and then only gave us a 50% chance of completing the procedure... and if we did complete the cycle, how we were only given a 10% chance at success... how the Lord blessed us with a miricle child that was concived without the aid of an RE during an aborted attempt at IVF when we should have been on birth control to begin the cycle... how because of the result of 3 miscarriages, neither one of of us can allow our selves to become too excited too soon... how we've experienced TOGETHER the thrill of seeing a heart beat on an ultrasound, only for it to be gone the next week, the tears we've both experienced because we've gotten a BFP one week, and a BFN blood test the next week. My wife if NOT a broken baby machine, we are a couple that have experienced infertility.

...Are you sure you can't go on the trip? I traveled during all of my pregnancies and did fine....
The trip is an overnight stay at a rustic (i.e. no electricity) lodge at the top of the Smokie Moutains in two weeks. You have to cancel at least a month ahead to be insured a refund. The hike to get to the lodge is a minimum of 5 miles with a 2,500 elevation gain. It's a trip we've never failed to complete, but we're always exhausted by the end. Prudance dictates that DW NOT put her body through the physical stress the trip alwasy causes us. So she'll be staying at home while DS#1 and I do the hike without her.

missym
04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
After a review, we're bringing this thread back for discussion. Fertility issues can be an emotionally charged issue for many of the members of this community. Please take this into consideration and be gentle with one another.

Jacksonvol
04-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Sounds like you guys were headed there. I can understand why she wouldn't want to make that hike right now and the disappointment of you all not getting to make the hike together this time. I'm sorry that didn't work out, but I am really glad to hear things are going well.

ellies mom
04-11-2008, 01:25 AM
You know, sometimes timing is just off and it can make a normally good thing hard to handle for a bit until you come to terms with it. I'm sure you'll get there soon. Congratulations.

SheriRae
04-14-2008, 02:22 PM
So sorry you have to cancel your trip. It sounds amazing! That is the pits!

On the bright side, your wife is pregnant!! : ) Here's to a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations!

billysmommy
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
You know, sometimes timing is just off and it can make a normally good thing hard to handle for a bit until you come to terms with it. I'm sure you'll get there soon. Congratulations.

This is exactly what I was thinking but couldn't find the way to express it correctly. Congratulations :)

Melanie
04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Life is ironic! I wish you both a healthy & happy pregnancy and wonderful miracle #3.