PDA

View Full Version : Which potty seat for a boy?

Piglet
04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
We are retiring our Cushie Tushie from DS1. It is gross and leaks pee through the front. I urgently need to buy a new potty seat for DS2. My biggest problem is finding one that has a good shield on it. Do you have one that you like for your DS?

Thanks,

o_mom
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Are you looking for a ring for the big toilet or a little potty? Either way, I think you can't go wrong with Baby Bjorn.

We have the BB ring - love that thing, it is SO solid on the toilet - fits everything, even public toilets (yes, I carried it around in a plastic bag in the diaper bag when DS1 was training - just remembered that). The shield isn't so high that they can get caught on it, and nice rounded edges. We also have the plain ring from BRU with Bob the Builder on it which DS2 LOVES - I hate the thing, sharp parts where there should not be sharp parts and slides all over the place. No shield, but I really don't find that we need a shield though, I just teach them early to "point down" using two fingers at the base of their penis.

For little potties, we have the two BB ones - the one piece little potty for the car and the bigger two piece one for the bathroom. The bigger one is easier to empty, has a higher back and has a non-skid bottom. The smaller one is better for really little ones and keeping in the car.

bubbaray
04-11-2008, 01:48 PM
We have the First Years insert (2 of them) and the Cushie Tushie. I prefer the First Years one.

http://www.learningcurve.com/product/detail/Y4006B

Its available in Canada at Walmart, TRU.

I have no idea how it would work for a boy, but we've been very happy with it.

KrisM
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
My friends have the baby bjorn and like it.

We've never used a seat - DS learned by standing and when sitting, he learned to point down. They learn fairly quickly, I think. He PT'd at 2.5 and within 2 or 3 months, we stopped having to help him at all.

Piglet
04-11-2008, 02:36 PM
My parents have that one and it would be fine for a girl, but my DS2 seems to pee at a 90 degree angle to the direction he is pointing so angling down doesn't always work. We need a shield - a big one, LOL.

Alice523
04-17-2008, 09:12 PM
We're happy with the Baby Bjorn. DS doesn't do anything special, but we did really emphasize spreading his legs apart so he doesn't squirt straight out. I love that he can put the seat on by himself, go, and climb down without my help.

1964pandora
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Extremely happy with the Baby Bjorn potty seat cover AND the bigger two piece Baby Bjorn potty. I feel like we needed them both.

Susan

deannanb
04-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I liked the Bb potty too....
I'm not sure if the potty chair is a little larger than the little potty -
if the potty chair is larger, I'd get that one.