PDA

View Full Version : Why do I still have milk after dc has been weaned for a couple of weeks?

zephyr
04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
So ds weaned about 2.5 weeks ago. It was very gradual, cutting out one feeding at a time until we were down to the evening feeding and then we cut that out, then it was just one feeding every couple of days. Anyways, it's been a couple weeks, like I said, but I still have some milk. I thought it would have dried up by now. Any BTDT advice? BTW, I never had engorgement when he quit nursing.

Zephyr

bubbaray
04-11-2008, 07:43 PM
It can take months for your milk to completely dry up after weaning.

o_mom
04-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Hate to break it to you, but it could be months or even years before you stop having milk. Not busting with engorgement, milk, but if you squeeze, some may come out for quite some time.

egoldber
04-11-2008, 08:21 PM
It takes a long, long time for a milk supply to go away completely. When I lost my second child, born full term but never nursed, it still took months for the milk to dry up completely.

zephyr
04-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks ladies. My friend was talking about how her milk dried up within days after weaning. I definitely thought that was what was supposed to happen to me. I guess I'm just kind of concerned about wearing a thin shirt and having it leak through my bra or whatever....hopefully that won't happen.

Zephyr