PDA

View Full Version : ISO a wonderful family resort

jamsmu
04-11-2008, 11:09 PM
would love all inclusive, but also don't want to break the bank. Currently researching Beaches, but the airfare is terrible right now.

Any suggestions??

Tondi G
04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Beaches Negril gets great reviews

Club Med Florida, Ixtapa, Dominican

http://www.clubmed.us/cgi-bin/clubmed55/SP/offersDescription.do?page=FAMILY_ESCAPE_S08_115US&PAYS=115&LANG=US

kristenk
04-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Definitely not a beach and there's probably not middle-of-summer availability, but how about Tyler Place Resort? www.tylerplace.com

jamsmu
04-12-2008, 02:31 PM
That might be perfect for May. Thanks Kristen!

jamsmu
04-12-2008, 02:31 PM
My mom keeps saying Sandpiper (the Fl Club Med) but I think I want to wait a few years so we can take advantage of all the circus stuff with the kids.

kristenk
04-12-2008, 06:16 PM
That might be perfect for May. Thanks Kristen!

Let me know if you end up going. We'll be there in May!

melissaflorida
04-13-2008, 10:54 AM
I live in S. Florida and have gone to Club Med Sandpiper many times. This particular Club Med is in need of a complete renovation. It is old and musty. It is NOT on the beach, it's on a small lake. While the kids clubs are great, there is really not much to do.

There are other really great Club Med's that I would recommend.

HTH,

Melissa

jamsmu
04-14-2008, 09:15 AM
That is so good to know. Thanks melissa!

Tondi G
04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
I live in S. Florida and have gone to Club Med Sandpiper many times. This particular Club Med is in need of a complete renovation. It is old and musty. It is NOT on the beach, it's on a small lake. While the kids clubs are great, there is really not much to do.

There are other really great Club Med's that I would recommend.

HTH,

Melissa

Thanks Melissa that is really good to know! To the OP, the Ixtapa Club Med just completed extensive renovations in December! Seems to be getting good reviews since the overhaul! :)

hellbennt
04-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Beaches Negril gets great reviews

Club Med Florida, Ixtapa, Dominican

http://www.clubmed.us/cgi-bin/clubmed55/SP/offersDescription.do?page=FAMILY_ESCAPE_S08_115US&PAYS=115&LANG=US

love club med in punta cana- the dominican republic! just went this past xmas!

also club med in FL! been there, too :)

hillview
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
In Mexico the Azul Beach Resort

In Puerto Rico the Copamarina.

Trip Advisor has good info on both. We liked Azul more but it was also more $. VERY kid friendly. We visited both in the Jan/Feb timeframe.
HTH
/hillary

BeachBum
04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
If you didn't want to leave the country, you might want to check out
San Destin, in Destin FL.

There are several types of accommodations, we stayed in a condo hotel for about $250/night. It was brand new. There was a zero entrance pool, but it wasn't huge. We really liked that there were lots of restaurants and a few little shops in the resort that were walking distance from where we stayed. We never went to the beach, but there is a tram that will take you to the beach if you aren't staying on that side of the property. There weren't kids programs and such, but there were a lot of families around and we felt very welcome and comfortable with our then 18 mo old.