PDA

View Full Version : WDW or DL & South. CA

kransden
04-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Ok, we have fall break in early Oct. Dd will almost be 6. She went to WDW at age 3 and DL at age 4. I originally planned on going to WDW and having a princess extraganza. Then I realized it will take us from 8:00 am until about 7:30 pm to get from our house to the hotel at WDW with the plane flights. So now I am rethinking this plan.

We could drive to San Diego in 7 hours. Spend 2 days at DL, see the SD zoo and maybe go to Seaworld and the beach.

I just can't decide. I feel she is at the perfect age for WDW and it would be the most magical age, and next year wouldn't be as good. Then I think DL would be so much easier. Plus she enjoys the beach a lot too.

The money would be about the same in the end. I know I am just thinking aloud. Any thoughts?

SnuggleBuggles
04-13-2008, 02:54 PM
I would do DL and So. Cal. DL is still a magical place and I bet she will enjoy it. She won't really know she is missing anything by not going to WDW either. It just sounds easier and there are so many other fun things you could do down in CA.

Beth

egoldber
04-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Well, my vote would be for WDW. That's a LOT of driving around southern CA whereas in WDW, once you're there, you're there.

Tondi G
04-13-2008, 06:45 PM
I've never been to Disneyworld but we are annual passholders at Disneyland. We love D-land! We went down to San Diego over spring break and had a great time. I would highly recommend Legoland (30 mins north of San Diego proper, in Carlsbad) as well. Our boys had a blast there... ages 6.5 and 2.5! From what I've read Carlsbad beaches are also nice.

You can do a whole princess thing at Disneyland as well!

At her age I would think the flights etc would probably be fine.... it's a toss up I guess. For me the thought of dealing with long flights and a toddler would make me choose D-land in a second! You are right though.... if she is still really into Princesses now the time might be closing in..... it might be worth it for a trip to Disneyworld. Ahh I don't think I'm much help!

Good Luck making your decision!