PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take your Dutailer Glider to come in?

smiley525
04-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I ordered one yesterday and they said 10-12 weeks, did anyone get theirs sooner?!?!

WatchingThemGrow
04-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Not sure how long ours took, but the furniture and rug came a bit before the glider and ottoman. Sorry!

ahrimie
04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
oh, how timely... we just got ours! :) we ordered it late february.. and it just came in recently, making it less than 8 weeks. to speed up the time, we ordered one of the fabrics that came in stock. the salesperson said it should cut down some of the wait time.

citymama
04-14-2008, 02:45 AM
We ordered late Jan and it arrived around mid-March - 7 weeks or so.

Oak
04-15-2008, 09:50 PM
When I ordered mine, it didn't come in after 8 weeks. I was told it would be in. I went to the store and they said that there was nothing they could do... El Bambi in North Bergen, NJ. After getting frustrated I was told that the particular fabric that I had chosen was one being used by Baby's R Us and that the large order that was placed by them took priority. What really angered me is that I was not told this when I placed the order and then later I was not contacted when the order didn't come in by either Dutalier or Bambi, especially when I had put a down payment. So, I contacted Dutalier directly and was put in touch with a regional sales rep who was very helpful. He personally followed up for me and made it happened. He got our chair in about a week and a half to me and I was impressed. It was actually the exhausted fabric that we had originally chosen. However, when the chair came in the arm and head cover were not in the box with it, although we had paid for it. We had to wait an additional two weeks to get them, but the regional rep got them for us. It wasn't a pleasant experience, intially, but Dutalier made it right and Bambi was supportive in that they put us in touch with him.

As to the quality, the weld on the bottom of the chair has let go and it is past the year warranty. The chair is still usable, but it bothers me and it probably isn't as sturdy. For the price of the chair it should have been covered by Dutalier, as it shouldn't have broken.

I suggest that you follow up with Dutalier to see what is going on with it. Get weekly reports, etc.. And if it is not in when it is suppose to, go to the regional representative.
I do love the chair