PDA

View Full Version : Multiples Male Support

Oak
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Maybe I am just venting, but it is really frustrating that there is a lack of support for men with children, including men w/ multiples. All of the magazines I've seen are geared to women. The multiples clubs are all for women, etc..

longstocking
05-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree with that. My friend is pregnant with triplets and her poor husband seems so clueless about anything. He's even afraid to touch his wife. I wish there was some sort of support book for him because he really frustrates his wife.

karstmama
05-13-2008, 08:33 PM
do you think it might be a case of 'if you host it, they will come'?

put up a note at the library or grocery store or pediatrician's or ob/gyn & see if you can drum up a group.

caheinz
05-13-2008, 09:25 PM
You might find that the clubs are more open than they appear.

I haven't made it to a meeting of mine yet (only 17wks expecting with the twins), but from the meeting minutes, it's clear that dads are welcome if they show up!

At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to ask!

And... as far as reading goes, the books we've picked up don't seem overly geared one way or the other. In fact, DH read the first one before I did. (He might get to the second one first, too!)

fivi2
05-16-2008, 09:24 PM
There is a forum for dads over at the www.twinstuff.com forums (http://www.twinstuff.com/forum/index.php?showforum=24)
I have no clue how active it is, but just to throw it out there.

My local multiples group really wasn't very welcoming to dads, but I am sure they are all different. I honestly found more support just through a local moms' group that wasn't specifically for twins (there are only a few of us with twins in it) so maybe just joining a dads' group would help, even if it isn't for multiples. Many of my local moms' groups have splinter groups for dads and there are a few dads' groups in my area. Maybe yahoo groups or meetup.com has something for you?

karstmama
05-16-2008, 09:34 PM
article about a dad group in this month's 'parent'...