PDA

View Full Version : Good furniture stores in NYC or furniture websites

kusumat
04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
We are moving to NYC and need to buy new furniture. We will be there for three years. Hope to get decent quality furniture with reasonable price. We plan to sell them by the time we move out three years later. Any recommendations?

I am planning to get the sofa from Ikea. Mattress either from Ikea or Costco. Still looking for dining set(round dining table). TIA!

Hope to buy things on line. Any good ones?

Bean606
04-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Have you checked out overstock.com? They ship anything for $2.95. and the quality of their stuff is generally pretty good. If you are looking for B&M stores, I hear Foremost Furniture somewhere near 30th street has good prices. Good luck with your move.

DrSally
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
I've heard great things about ABC carpet and rug, it's supposed to be huge. It's very fashionable, but I don't know about the prices.

Ceepa
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
I've heard great things about ABC carpet and rug, it's supposed to be huge. It's very fashionable, but I don't know about the prices.

Such a fun and beautiful store to walk through but everything is $$$.

Bean606
04-15-2008, 02:39 PM
My office is right near ABC, and I love to look around in there, but I don't think I could even afford a bathmat there!

cuca_
04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I love to browse in ABC Carpet, but I agree that most of the stuff they carry is expensive. How about Room and Board. I've never bought anything from there, but their stuff looks nicely made and they have some things that are reasonably priced. They have a store in SoHo and are also online (www.roomandboard.com).

HTH

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
04-15-2008, 05:27 PM

SKY high!!