PDA

View Full Version : Is there a portion of Disney that is for young children only?

HIU8
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM
I know there are now multiple parks. Is there one most suitable for an almost 4 yr old and a 15 month old? We will be visiting family in Orlando and South Florida and are wondering if we should do the Disney thing yet or just wait?

Melbel
04-14-2008, 05:47 PM
We have found that the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are best suited for young children. We have made repeated trips to Disney (we live in FL) since my oldest child was 2 yo and his sister was only 4 months old (they are 20 months apart) and both children have had great experiences. Your biggest challenge will likely be your 15 month old who is at a busier age. If you are staying with family in town anyway, it would not hurt to try a day or two at the parks. The kids outgrow many aspects of the Magic Kingdom at an early age, so it would be a good time to visit IMO, especially for your 4 yo. For example, we have found that by kindergarten, most of the girls abruptly abandon Disney princesses.

Within Magic Kingdom, Toon Town, located at the rear of the park, is geared for the younger visitors. There is a mini roller coaster, a big tent to visit characters (3 lines to visit 3 characters per line) and a toddler play area. The easiest way to get to Toon Town is to take the train which loads right near the entrance. If you get there relatively early, you will beat the crowds who are walking toward the back of the park. There are also rides/activities for younger visitors throughout the park.

Melbel
04-14-2008, 05:47 PM
duplicate post (connectivity problems)

Melbel
04-14-2008, 05:54 PM
oops, duplicate post

egoldber
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I think all of the parks are suitable for babies and kids of all ages. Sarah and Amy have always found things to enjoy at all the parks. The MK gets the most press, but its also the most crowded and overwhelming for young children.

Momof3Labs
04-15-2008, 06:10 PM
My kids (were 5yo and 2yo on our last trip) love MK and Epcot the best. Your kids absolutely will love any of the parks, so choose what appeals most to you as a family. AK is probably my kids' least favorite this time around - the 2yo was not at all good about sitting through shows, and there were more shows at AK (and DHS, too).

My personal favorite is Epcot.

mnosky1
05-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I think Magic Kingdom is best for your kids ages. Definitely go now (and again and again...) Get there before the park opens becuase Fanstayland and Toontown will be the best and they get sooo crowded.
Animal Kingdom isn't terribly exciting for little kids if you have a zoo nearby.
We skipped Epcot until DD was 4.
DDs favorite at 3 was MGM/Hollywood studios - it has favorite characters - Little Einsteins, Little Mermaid and B and B show, etc. But then again the shows might not be best for a 15 month old.
Michelle