PDA

View Full Version : Never-ending Nausea - AARRGGH

ThreeofUs
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
All right. I'm really happy to be pg with DC#2. But dang it all I'm sick of being sick!

I wake up feeling fine, have a great morning, but by evening I'm as sick as a dog. I don't remember having this problem with DS. I'm eating fresh ginger like crazy, and while that helps, I just can't help being royally po'd at being so sick in the evenings.

I have things to do, darn it, and a lovely family to bond with, and I have HAD it with nausea. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!

:banghead:

shilo
04-15-2008, 03:07 AM
oh me too. can i please have just one night of brushing my teeth without gagging for the next 30 minutes. at least the daytime nausea has eased up, but boy is the nighttime nausea getting old after 8 weeks of this.

so here's the kicker. everyone keeps telling me, "oh, it must mean you're having a girl this time." um, i doubt it. DH is generation 5 and DS is generation 6 (so far) of all boys on DH's side. they don't make girls :), literally. and when i went for my NT ultrasound last week, you guessed it, the tech says "i think i can tell you what it is if you want to know, it seems pretty clear" which is apparently unusual this early, but i digress. another boy - which i'm actually pleased as punch about (i guess i've always just assumed i'd be the mom of two boys). but now everyone keeps saying 'oh, i'm sorry'. why? i'm not. i already have one of the most perfect specimen's of XYness on the planet, why wouldn't i be thrilled to be having another?

sorry for the detour, but as you can tell, the nausea is getting to my crabby side ;p. i feel your pain - wishing you a settled stomach by tomorrow.

lori

ThreeofUs
04-15-2008, 03:49 AM
the nausea is getting to my crabby side ;p. i feel your pain - wishing you a settled stomach by tomorrow.

Oh, yeah. No digression here; it's totally making me crabby, too! I should have added that to my initial post.

elephantmeg
04-15-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm sory, I was there too. hugs to both of you!

DrSally
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
IKWYM. I've had a lot more nausea this time. Last time was so much better b/c it peaked at the expected time and then just went away, making for a wonderful 2nd trimester. I hate feeling sick and headachey and tired all the time. Ginger doesn't even help like it usually does for me. My ob just said every preg is different. On top of that, I caught DS's Gatro illness and it made it 10x worse for 3 days. UGgh

Wife_and_mommy
04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
You have hugs and empathy from me too. Anytime anyone mentions pgy sickness, it comes back to me for a moment. I had it for 4m and 2m respectively--yuck!

I hope yours is over quickly and soon.

ray7694
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I had horrible nausea with both pg. My doctor advised Unisom and it worked great. I know popping pills is a little scary but I had to survivie. I would take it before bed and the next day would be much better. Mine went away at 5 months.

wencit
04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Hugs to all of you pregnant mamas! BTDT. Ugh, I feel queasy just thinking about what you're going through.

Hope this time passes quickly for all of you!

scoop22
04-15-2008, 03:09 PM
seriously big hugs to those having these problems. i had the worst sickness with ds2. i so feel your pain. i hope this passes soon and the thoughts can be put behind you. it was so much harder with ds2 b/c i had ds1 to worry about. hugs