PDA

View Full Version : Petty: How the heck to some people's kids PJs match?

kijip
04-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Or rather, why the heck don't my own kid's PJs ever seem to match? Toby has a number of cute PJs, mostly all hanna LJs. Every night it is printed pants with striped green top or red and green xmas top with orange and red bottoms or some other mismatch. The matching pjs never seem to be in the drawer at the same time. Some seem to navigate over to grandpa's, some seem to be at the bottom of the laundry bin and they don't seem to stay paired even if I get them all clean at the same time and paired. They are unpaired in a matter of days. Like they have special instructions to part ways or they are in some sort of PJ domestic dispute and can't stand each other.

FWIW, I seem to have no trouble with matching socks. Just PJs. Go figure, they are bigger and don't get lost outright like socks.

ellies mom
04-15-2008, 03:39 AM
PJs are supposed to match? Honestly though, I feel your pain. We buy the ones that have one top and two bottoms and I still can't find the matching top or bottom half the time. Plus what makes them match is pretty darn subtle most the time that I can't figure out if they match or not. Now I just tell Ellie to pick out her own and consider it a success to even get her in bottoms.

tamie
04-15-2008, 08:40 AM
he he. You know that's one of my pet peeves when I see that the kids pj's don't match. My DH is usually the one that pulls out pjs for bed. Then I realized- atleast he puts them in pjs. He used to let them sleep in their clothes!

Seriously though, I have the same problem plus, right now we have a whole laundry basket full of socks that need to be matched! Thanks for reminding me! :)

luvmypeanut
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I have to be extra vigilant because ds flips out if his pjs don't match.

egoldber
04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Hmm. I just fold them together and put them away together? It kind of bothers me when PJs don't match LOL!! But Sarah tends to wear Hanna LJs, Disney PJ Pals or nightgowns, so its pretty easy to keep track.

s7714
04-15-2008, 06:29 PM
PJs are supposed to match? Honestly though, I feel your pain. We buy the ones that have one top and two bottoms and I still can't find the matching top or bottom half the time. Plus what makes them match is pretty darn subtle most the time that I can't figure out if they match or not. Now I just tell Ellie to pick out her own and consider it a success to even get her in bottoms.

That sounds a lot like my house. And neither of my DDs likes sleeping with bottoms the bottoms on (one of the reasons nightgowns have become mega-popular in my house lately). My peeve isn't actually when they wear mismatched PJs at night--it's when they try to get away wearing a pair of PJ bottoms or a top as actual clothing during the day.

billysmommy
04-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Billy INSISTS that his Hanna pj's have to mix-match as he calls it. He absolutely refuses to wear matching long or short johns!!! So much for all those cute sets. I'm hoping that Benjamin will wear them matching.

Melanie
04-15-2008, 10:19 PM
LOL. Bothers me, too! We often have to, depending upon the season pair a SS shirt with an LJ bottom, but otherwise it annoys me. I fold them and stack them in the drawer together so it doesn't happen too often.

Moneypenny
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh, I have a little problem with this. PJs have to match. I have even been known to have DD sleep in a regular t-shirt that matches her PJ bottoms if the PJ top is not available (usually due to spillage at breakfast that dirties the top and not the bottom). The horse PJ top must not be worn with the ballet shoe PJ bottom!

kijip
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
if the PJ top is not available (usually due to spillage at breakfast that dirties the top and not the bottom).

Lightbulb moment. That is how they get separated. He eats in his pjs and we serve a lot a syrup and jam for b-fast. :hysterical:

LBW
04-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Get this...I have a friend who matches her SIPPY CUP lids to specific cups. (the Playtex cups that have printed designs and colored lids) I use the same cups, and it never even occurred to me that certain lids only "matched" certain cups. When I mentioned this to another friend, she told me she does the same thing. They both think I'm the nutty one for not doing this!

egoldber
04-16-2008, 02:14 PM
I have a friend who matches her SIPPY CUP lids to specific cups

Oops!! Guilty of that one too. In all fairness, a pink lid can coordinate with lots of different cups. But a pink lid on an orange sippy....never! :ROTFLMAO:

That is how they get separated. He eats in his pjs and we serve a lot a syrup and jam for b-fast.

And um, that's why both the top and bottom must go into the hamper when one part gets dirty. ;)

s7714
04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Get this...I have a friend who matches her SIPPY CUP lids to specific cups.

LOL, I'm way guilty of this! My DH thinks I'm nuts too, because I'll literally take all of the lids off and put them back on the "right" way if he didn't put them on to my liking. The pink and purple lids go with most of the bottoms and I don't care if those are intermixed, but we have a couple green and blue ones that only go with certain cups. It's the color picky artist in me, I can't help it. I have a hard enough time letting my DDs wear odd ball mixes of clothing--at least I can have control over the sippies! :D

kijip
04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
And um, that's why both the top and bottom must go into the hamper when one part gets dirty. ;)

That's where I get off the matching train. I refuse to wash things that don't need it. :)

ShanaMama
04-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Lightbulb moment. That is how they get separated. He eats in his pjs and we serve a lot a syrup and jam for b-fast. :hysterical:

No no no. PJs have to match. Neither I nor DD could handle not matching pjs. In fact, if syrup spills on the top both top & bottom go in the laundry. Now clothing on the other hand.... no need to match at all! If DD picks something relatively reasonable I'm game.

To actually be helpful I'll suggest buying a couple of pair of identical pjs. That worked great this winter- when one piece was lost we had another handy from the other set so no big disaster.

ShanaMama
04-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Get this...I have a friend who matches her SIPPY CUP lids to specific cups. (the Playtex cups that have printed designs and colored lids)

Um, yeah. I have the cups that have a top, bottom and straw that comes out to be cleaned and I must put the right straw to the right cup. I will admit to a moderate to severe case of OCD....

kijip
04-17-2008, 01:01 AM
To actually be helpful I'll suggest buying a couple of pair of identical pjs. That worked great this winter- when one piece was lost we had another handy from the other set so no big disaster.

I like that idea a lot! :)

Melanie
04-17-2008, 02:16 AM
Get this...I have a friend who matches her SIPPY CUP lids to specific cups. (the Playtex cups that have printed designs and colored lids) I use the same cups, and it never even occurred to me that certain lids only "matched" certain cups. When I mentioned this to another friend, she told me she does the same thing. They both think I'm the nutty one for not doing this!

Guilty. Though now we have klean kanteens so it's much easier. :)

trales
04-17-2008, 10:00 AM
I was laughing so hard at this post last night. I was wearing pink striped PJ bottoms and blue striped PJ tops, I won't even get into what DD was wearing.

The clothes in my closet have to be arranged by style and color, but for PJ's anything clean goes.