PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements/ general computer question

octmom
04-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I uploaded a bunch of photos from my mom's memory card last week at the end of her visit, then uploaded them to kodak easy share for her, since she has not mastered that yet. I want to e-mail a couple of pics to someone and I am having trouble getting at them. It is bizarre. If I open PS Elements, I can see thumbnails of the whole group of pics, but I am not able to copy the photos or do anything with them. I checked properties and it says that they are in a folder on my desktop, but they are not there. They are not in my recycle bin either. I tried going to My Computer and searching my C drive for one of the file names, but it doesn't find it. (I tried a couple of different file (photo) names.)

Does anyone know how to fix this or get at the photos? I am not panicked because I can make prints from the kodak site and my mom still has them on her memory card (in another state), but I would really like to get at the files so that I can e-mail a few. TIA!

BillK
04-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Any chance you never actually downloaded them TO your computer - but rather just transferred them to Kodak right off the memory card through your PC/Internet connection and PS Elements is looking at the Kodak site for the pics and they truly are not on your computer? I know some of the newer Elements integrate well with photo sharing sites (sometimes TOO well actually).

If you only did one step to get them to Kodak - then that's what I'd guess happened. Otherwise you'd have transferred them to your computer - then you'd have had to have found them on your computer to upload to Kodak.

If that's the case - you may have to re-download the pics from Kodak to your computer - OR - get the memory card back and redo the transfer and save them to your computer first.

Hope that helps.

octmom
04-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Bill. I was thinking the same thing. It was at the end of a long day and I can see how I might have done that. The only thing that still has me wondering is that when I check properties, it says that the photos are in a folder on my desktop named 2008.4 April. I sort photos by month and follow that format for naming so that they stay in chronological order. I usually save them on my desktop first, then move the folder to a "photos by month" folder on a server that gets backed up daily. (They aren't there either, so I think I never moved the folder.) I probably put them in the folder on my desktop first and then somehow deleted them from that folder by mistake, maybe when I uploaded to kodak.

octmom
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know a way to download photos from kodak gallery back to your computer? I am not sure if this is possible. TIA!