PDA

View Full Version : Best Chair rocker vs. recliner for nursery?

tmarie
04-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I went to a baby store with the intent of ordering an upholstered rocker. THEN I sat in one of the Best Chair recliners....looks like a rocker but it reclines. Heavenly. All I could think of was how nice it would be during those middle of the night feedings or during the uncomfortable last month of my pregnancy. :) Of course the recliner puts me over budget, but I'm tempted to cut somewhere else and make it work. Is it worth the splurge??

TIA!

tmarie
dd#1 5/05
dd#2 7/08

lowrioh
04-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Try looking at non baby furniture stores for rocker/recliners (Lane, Lazy-boy etc) , it might save you some money. I looked into it and by going to a local furniture store the Best recliner was $100 less than at the baby store.
We got a Lane rocker/recliner on craigslist for $130 from a single lady with no pets. It was like new.
My friends who have recliners in their nursery swear by them.

wellyes
04-16-2008, 09:21 AM
I splurged on a Dutailer with recline, several hundred $$ more than I'd planned to spend. It was the BEST purchase I made. If you plan to breastfeed, I'd definitely say go for it!

ThreeofUs
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
We compared about all of the chairs possible - if anyone can overthink a decision, that's us!- and decided on a La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner that would cost about $400. (Less if you catch them on sale or are a good negotiator.)

They show up frequently on craigslist, though, and I'm thinking of buying from there.

aedoyle
04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm the third in my group of friends to buy this Lane Fairhope glider/swivel/recliner chair (kind of ugly picture at http://www.zaksfurniture.com/Item.aspx?ID=-2051197538&SNum=2089S), and it is heavenly. I like it because it's a plush, upholstered-type number but smaller-scaled so it doesn't look so overstuffed, and I can much more easily imagine this transitioning into my "real" house once its use in the nursery is over.

Got it at a local St. Louis furniture store for under $500 with delivery/set-up, and ordered in a custom fabric (champagne microfiber, the better, we hope, for concealing liquid emissions!)

I just decided that reclining was a major key for me: I can easily envision myself sleeping in this chair, and not so easily in a standard glider/ottoman combo. To each her own.

tmarie
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Well, I ordered the recliner! :) I found a coupon so I at least feel like I got a deal. I can't wait for it to arrive!

tmarie