PDA

View Full Version : Help with part-time job application

bnme
04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
I am thinking about applying for some part-time work. I have been a SAHM for almost 5 years now. Before having kids I worked as a financial analyst doing mostly budgeting and data analysis for large corporations. The types of jobs I am considering applying for are library circulation desk and an outpatient cashier (admitting) at a local hospital.

Both jobs only take resumes on-line and have a small box to input comments. Should I be explaining my ‘career hiatus’, saying something like I am looking to return to work part-time after being home the past 5 years with my children? I feel like I have no idea what I am doing (job search-wise)! I think they will be confused if they just see my resume with corporate work experience and no explanation. Or just notice that I haven’t worked since 11/03 and toss in the circular file. Yet I'm not sure if I should highlight I am a SAHM.

Also, what about references? Is using my previous employers appropriate since the job experience is really not relevant and it was so long ago? I thought I would put my bosses from my last job and the director of my kids co-op preschool where I volunteer.

Help!

bnme
04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
(bump)

any ideas?