PDA

View Full Version : This video is just really sad. What is WRONG with people?

bubbaray
04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/04/16/grace.toddler.pot.cnn

I mean, really. WHAT IS WRONG with people.

ha98ed14
04-16-2008, 12:35 PM
That's just so, so, so sad. It's even sadder when you think about all the wonderful people who want children but can't have them, and then you get fools like this who treat their children so horribly.

kijip
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM
That's just so, so, so sad. It's even sadder when you think about all the wonderful people who want children but can't have them, and then you get fools like this who treat their children so horribly.

As someone who was unable to have a 2nd child at the time that we very much wanted to do so, while watching a few people around me have kids only to neglect and abuse them, I have struggled a lot with this issue. It certainly did not help when I had my 4th miscarriage while me SIL who is barely literate and who abuses her kids got pregnant and has a child, now 2 and horribly treated and delayed due to neglect, born within weeks of my due date. It took time but I have had to come to peace with it, becasue there is no use agonizing over the seeming unfairness and injustice of it (both for parents who would raise their children to the best of their ability and for, of course, the health and welfare of the child.)

Gena
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM

This was on the local news last night, as it is a somewhat local story. The teenagers who did this were the babysitter and her boyfriend, NOT the parents.

ha98ed14
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
This was on the local news last night, as it is a somewhat local story. The teenagers who did this were the babysitter and her boyfriend, NOT the parents.

Well, at least it was not the parents directly. Still, I think they should have more carefully screened their sitter. With all of the certifications and classes available for teens who want to babysit to take, there are ways of distinguishing a responsible and caring teenager from a pothead!

lisams
04-16-2008, 01:58 PM
OMG that makes me sick to my stomach, I couldn't even finish watching it. Makes me wish not very nice things upon whoever was doing that. Sadly withdrawal is horrible, horrible, horrible for these little ones. Sick people.

kellij
04-16-2008, 02:11 PM
OMG, that makes me sick to my stomach. That's so sad.

Ceepa
04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Watching that little girl in her onesie being forced to smoke pot makes me so angry.

This is certainly not the proper reaction but when I see things like that my first thought is "I hate people."

ritacheetah
04-16-2008, 03:12 PM
The babysitter. Nice. I would f***ing kill them. Seriously...

bubbaray
04-16-2008, 05:44 PM

Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?

OMG, I feel sick. Just SICK.

trales
04-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Knowing it was the babysitter makes me feel better about all the time, worry and stress I put into vetting the people I leave DD with.