PDA

View Full Version : STILL sick and none too happy about it

bubbaray
04-16-2008, 06:15 PM
I STILL have a !@#%$%^ sinus infection. I just got back from the dr and got my THIRD round of antibiotics. And more ventolin and Q-var puffers. I'm so !@#%$%^ sick of being sick. I just want to put my head down on my desk and cry.

elephantmeg
04-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Yuck, nothing like not getting better. I hope you are all better soon and this round of abx works!

ThreeofUs
04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
No way! That's crazy!

Geez, I hate to suggest this, but could it be time for a second opinion? This has gone on WAYYYY too long, hasn't it?

Hope you get better very soon....

bubbaray
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Geez, I hate to suggest this, but could it be time for a second opinion? This has gone on WAYYYY too long, hasn't it?

The first dr at an Urgent Care clinic gave me the wrong antibiotics. I went to my Dr a week later (I had 2 days of the 1st ones left) and she put me on Clavulin (sp?), said its what ENTs use on sinus infections and its better than straight amoxicillin. So, in fairness to my dr, this is only the 2nd round of the *right* stuff and she did warn me the first time that it might take 2 rounds of it to work....

The steroid puffers do seem to help my cough, though the 1st dr d/n give the right combination of those (he just gave me ventolin, which is short acting). The only thing the 1st guy did do right was give me a steroid nasal spray (Flonase).

Anyway, I'm just grumpy.

trales
04-17-2008, 10:04 AM
How are the kiddo's doing? How was the Bday party?

As soon as you finish this round of abx, I think you should pack up the family and head to the Carribean for a week of warm weather, fresh air, and relaxation after a cooped up, snowy, sick winter.

jerigirl
04-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Maybe you should try a Neti Pot to flush out your sinuses... I know some people swear by this. Here is a past thread on them:
http://tinyurl.com/65vuuq

I hope you feel better soon!

jeri

bubbaray
04-18-2008, 01:37 PM
How are the kiddo's doing? How was the Bday party?

As soon as you finish this round of abx, I think you should pack up the family and head to the Carribean for a week of warm weather, fresh air, and relaxation after a cooped up, snowy, sick winter.

The girls are doing much better -- much better than DH and I (he's home sick today -- don't ya know, the Earth stops spinning on its axis when a guy gets sick!). DD#2 had her chickenpox vax today, so the dr's can all relax about that (sheesh, settle down people, you'd think I was holding her head under water or something dire from the reactions I got from the drs that she hadn't yet had her varicella). Both are getting over this viral thing that is going around. One of the other daycare kids had it so bad that he had to be put on a ventilator at Childrens. Interestingly, it turns out neither of my girls were the "first" sick kid at daycare, one of the other kids was. Whatever.

DD#1 still has the diagnosis of HSP and we go next week back to Childrens for followup. She saw her regular dr this week (we all went in) and she reviewed the tests that they ran at Children's last week. She said that it is unlikely the staff at Children's would misdiagnose HSP, so she probably does have it, even though the rash does not look like a classic case (she still has the rash, though many have faded quite a bit). She also said that it is unlikely DD#1 has or will get kidney damage from it (that is the main risk of HSP) b/c they tested her kidney function and it was fine that day.

My antibiotics are starting to kick in and I'm feeling better today. I'm soooooo under the gun at work, its not funny. This too shall pass!

DD#1 has her first dance lesson this weekend.

AND, we are going to THE WIGGLES on Saturday afternoon!!! Toot Toot Chugga Chugga!

:)

mama2g03
04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Hugs Melissa. Sending healthy vibes to your house. I hope your weekend is fantastic to make up for the beginning of the month.