PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a website for a photo book for M-Day.

mykidsmom
04-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Looking to create a nice photo book for the grandmas for Mother's Day. I currently have half my photos at Costco.com and half at Snapfish.com. Is there an easy way to make a book w/o having to upload ALL the photos to one site. Which photo sites have you used to make a book. Which one is most user friendly and won't take me days and days to create and won't break the bank.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Oregonmother
04-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I have used Shutterfly, and love the photobooks they print. I have actually had free codes for all 5 of the ones that I have made from there too, so great deal!

Melbel
04-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Another vote for Shutterfly. We have made some beautiful, well appreciated books for family members. The software is very easy to use.

o_mom
04-17-2008, 07:38 AM
I'll third Shutterfly. I made the bulk of mine there at Christmas. I made one at Snapfish to try out and the quality just wasn't as good. Shutterfly was super easy to use, very intuitive with editing/controls, great layouts, excellent printing and they don't delete everything if you don't buy right away.

LD92599
04-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Also, there's lots of codes around (25%), Free shipping when you spend more than $40 and 8% back on ebates!

However - i used to soley use mypublisher.com because of the integration with iPhoto. However...now that apple.com is the printer of the books, codes are few and far between; therefore I stopped creating/ordering via apple.com.

My strategy for books is planning ahead. We keep our pics in folders by date (and i do have alot on my shutterfly gallery) and event. I keep 2 folders on my desktop for scrapbooks. One is for ourselves (a larger book) and the other is for MIL for Mothers Day/Christmas. This way once i'm ready to do the book, i just need to upload that one folder vs searching through our archives for pics.

squimp
04-17-2008, 09:16 AM
You can make a Blurb book without uploading photos. You upload the book once it's done. I haven't uploaded one, though.

I also highly recommend Shutterfly. We make one every Mother's Day for the grandmas. I always make myself one as well.

jenmcadams
04-17-2008, 12:02 PM
However - i used to soley use mypublisher.com because of the integration with iPhoto. However...now that apple.com is the printer of the books, codes are few and far between; therefore I stopped creating/ordering via apple.com.

I'm a diehard My Publisher fan and recently (last Spring) converted to Mac from PC...I ended up not using iPhoto, but I do use the MyPublisher software for Mac and print through MyPublisher...just thought I'd mention this in case you didn't know it was an option. There are always tons of coupon codes for MyPublisher and I like their software and the quality of their books.

supercalifragilous
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I was just going to ask this last week and didn't get around to it!

I downloaded MyPublisher from Costco.com - how does it compare with Shutterfly in quality & price?

The little MyPublisher paperbacks thru Costco started at under $13.