PDA

View Full Version : BFing -- need tips on increasing supply only on one side

Dyonia
04-17-2008, 03:44 AM
I need tips on increasing my milk supply on the left side only. All suggestions are welcome!

DS is exclusively BF. He has a decided preference for the right side, to the extent that the supply on my left side is drastically lower. (It is nearly to the point where I wonder if the left side is going to dry up!)

I really need to balance out the girls. Let me put it bluntly. He's got the right side a FULL CUP size larger than the left. It's really wierd having a DDD and a DD because the difference is making my bras and shirts fit funny. :shrug:

I've got an Ameda PY, so I'm going to start pumping on the left side only. Any suggestions on pumping frequency or duration?

I'm thinking of taking herbs. I've got Blessed Thistle on hand, but don't know the dosage. Need to see if I can find it...maybe on Kellymom.

I have Fenugreek as well, but I just don't feel like smelling like maple syrup if I don't have to! I know my body responds to Fenugreek well, so that is my last resort.

Suggestions and tips are really needed! I haven't pumped in years!

Thank you!
--Donna

trales
04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I pumped for 5 minutes after the milk stopped coming out of that side every few hours for about 4 days and it really seemed to work. I really massaged while I was pumping.

Good luck.