PDA

View Full Version : Where to vacation with a 1 year old?

sail731
04-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Looking to go on a family vacation this summer with our one year old. We live in Michigan and love to travel, though with an infant we are not sure what types of activities (cruise, resorts, etc.) would work best.

Any thoughts from the wonderful experienced moms and dads here is greatly appreciated. Please share your best trips.

Thanks in advance.

SnuggleBuggles
04-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't have any great destinations but I have a tip...look into renting a house (condo...) somewhere. It's nice to have somewhere to hang out when baby is sleeping. It can be really boring to sit in a hotel room. A suite is nice though so you have another area you can sit with the light and/ or tv on while baby is sleeping. It's also nice to just have a kitchen and other home like ammenities.

Beth

hillview
04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Resort all the way! No carseats everything is close. Or a hotel centrally located with a pool and restaurants close by. Or rent a house that is walking to lots of places (food and a beach or playground etc). For me at this age it is all about down time with DS and so less hassle etc was key. We rented a place on Cape Cod which was nice. We stayed at my sister's place in San Fran, went to England (Chester area) to visit relatives and went to a zoo. Biggest hit was the Cape when there was sand to eat and hang out in the kiddie pool we set out on the lawn (neighbors loved us I am sure).

HTH
/hillary