PDA

View Full Version : what do you want for mother's day?

cchavez
04-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I need ideas...thanks!

citymama
04-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I need ideas...thanks!

Gift certificate for a massage therapist or spa! :)

Ceepa
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Morning to sleep in.

tnrnchick74
04-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Since my c-section falls between Mother's day and my birthday, I've asked for a "spa day" in preparation of the hospital stay:

facial
eyebrow wax
bikini wax
haircut
manicure
pedicure WITH HOT STONE FOOT MASSAGE!!!!

This will be one of my last days of "just me" before Parker arrives! I hope I get to do it!

ritacheetah
04-17-2008, 02:23 PM
My 40th birthday is the day before Mother's Day. A weekend away would be really nice but I'll settle for a long bike ride, a massage and a nice dinner!!!

happy2bamom
04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Same thing that I have asked for the past 3 years. I want a day at a hotel, ALONE!!!!! I want to sleep in, eat what I want, when I want, watch what I want on tv. No responisiblities. Just me, me, me.

kayte
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I want a Nelle and Lizzie ring....

http://www.nelleandlizzy.com/products.php

With my DH, DD and dogs names on it.

MontrealMum
04-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Time to myself!!! That's time to myself, alone, to do what I want, without DH coming into the room every five minutes to tell me what DS is doing NOW. Selfish, probably, but I never get any time to myself anymore. As an added bonus? A spa day, or dinner with the girls. Of course, my birthday follows Mother's Day pretty closely, so maybe I can have more than one of those :)

hillview
04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
So Mother's day is the right around my birthday and a week from our anniversary. I want a bike and bike trailer and a bike for DH so we can get out in the summer!!

Oh and also some sleep.
/hillary

kate909
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Apparently, I'm really out of the loop because celebrities have been sporting these for a couple years, but I just found these necklaces yesterday and I would love to have one (or at least a cheaper knock-off of one!)
http://www.taligillette.com/

ThreeofUs
04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Oddly, while lately I'd almost give my soul for a decent facial LOL, I'm more looking forward to a rocker/recliner (for use with the new DC, if I'm lucky) or maybe even a couple of rhodedendron plants (if I'm not).

Costco, you know! :)

BeachBum
04-17-2008, 05:27 PM
I've dropped so many hints to DH, but I don't think he is listening! :) I'd like a photo charm like this http://www.tjandco.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=5
or a stackable sapphire ring (DS's birthstone) to wear in between ones I already own.
I'd also like a cool mom t-shirt. I have one I got on my first mothers day from promomcouture.com. They don't carry the one I have anymore, but do have some other cute ones.
I would also really like it if DH too Ds to have his picture made as a surprise. But, how do you tell someone that you'd like that as a surprise without ruining the surprise. It would be nice to just get to enjoy the picture and let DH stress over the clothes and the pose and the cost! :)

mom2binsd
04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Same as Hillary...Mothers Day is always the week before my birthday and then our anniversary comes next...we're on a budget so I always say I don't need anything...actually something free like oh...putting away the dishes....offering to bathe the kids...even a couple of nights a week would be great!!! I still have my spa things from last year....I hate asking my inlaws to watch the kids while I get pampered...my MIL doesn't do stuff like that and though she doesn't say it I'm sure she thinks it's silly...

maestramommy
04-17-2008, 06:15 PM
A day off, followed by dinner I don't have to make.

californiagirl
04-17-2008, 06:22 PM
I want DH to voluntarily call HIS mother so she's not sulky. And DD to talk to her. (Strictly speaking, I want this for the day before mother's day, because she's across the international date line from us. But whatever.)

lisams
04-17-2008, 06:46 PM
What I want (and am getting a little early) is for a family photo session. We found a wonderful photographer who will be taking pics of us at the same location where DH proposed.

SnuggleBuggles
04-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Some time to myself in a clean house
something w/ the boys' footprints on it
digital camera
mom and baby workout dvd

Beth

elephantmeg
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM

Beth

why does that now sound like the definition of heaven? lol. I'm getting DD's name on my mommy tag necklace. Probably nothing else.

LarsMal
04-18-2008, 10:41 AM
My b-day and Mother's Day are both in May, and this year I really want a Clarisonic face brush (thanks to whoever started that thread here!!!). If that doesn't pan out, then just some time alone and a dinner out. NO cooking!!

boolady
04-18-2008, 10:42 AM
A nice, sunny spring day with DD and DH. No commitments, no rushing around, just enjoying my little family.

egoldber
04-18-2008, 12:22 PM
A day off, followed by dinner I don't have to make.

No kidding. Bliss. Especially if I wasn't the one that had to clean it. :ROTFLMAO:

I have a sitter one morning a week for Amy. Its the only 3 hours all week that I am totally by myself. One week DH forgot to tell me until that morning that I needed to ferry him to work because he had dropped off his old car for service and needed to pick it up. (He just bought a new car and we have not yet sold his old one.) He really just did not get why I was so upset that this was cutting into my alone time.

Jen841
04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Any or all of the below...
Sleep in
Super Suppers gift certificate
DH to plan all meals AT HOME that day
Mani/Pedi

What I expect to happen... go to inlaws for the weekend and watch/entertain my kids and their cousins for the weekend while the siblings and parents all catch up. I love the, but it is MY day too.

bubbaray
04-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Some time alone, without whining, sick kids or a whining, sick DH. Oh yeah, and *I* want to be not sick for that alone time.

Seriously, I get NO time alone, other than my commute from daycare to work and then from work home. Given the amount of traffic here, I don't think that really counts as "me" time. Sigh.

kali
04-19-2008, 12:25 AM
I want the car detailed. It's totally indulgent which is why it's perfect for Mother's Day. I asked for this last year and it was awesome to have a spotless car, without sticky spots on the leather, Goldfish crumbs on the floor or empty juice boxes under the seats. At least for a few days.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind a BFP either ;-)