PDA

View Full Version : Hair Detangler

niccig
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I had DS's hair cut today and because it is very fine, when he wakes up he always has a bird's nest at the back. I normally try water to slick it down, but it rarely works. The hairdresser suggested we use a hair detangler spray - any suggestions - I'd prefer to buy at the grocery store or target?

Melbel
04-17-2008, 05:11 PM
We have used both LOreal Kids Tangle Tamer and Suave Detangling Spray Kids, both of which are available at the grocery store or Target. We also use a separate shampoo and conditioner which seems to help.

Aishe
04-17-2008, 05:56 PM
We just use the Target brand detangling spray. It works fine.

MarisaSF
04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
We have been using just water in a spray bottle, but DD's curly hair was getting even longer and curlier. I picked up California Baby's spray detangler and it is MAGICAL!! :cheerleader1: I got it at Whole Foods.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-17-2008, 07:36 PM
right now I'm using the target store brand replacement for the johnsons and johnsons detangler BUT I think I'm going to break down and buy some at the salon where we go for haircuts. If your ds's hair isn't that long I'd say use a good conditioner,leave it in awhile and then use the name brand johnsons detangler at target.

I've never used the california baby stuff or the loreal before either though.hmmm.

TahliasMom
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
I been using one from Whole Foods. I can't remember the name but it's in clear bottle with a white label and a lion on it.

PS ok i think it's rainbown and it has two lions! hehe. smells heavenly

hillview
04-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I picked up California Baby's spray detangler and it is MAGICAL!! :cheerleader1: I got it at Whole Foods.

:yeahthat:
LOVE California Baby spray!! magic on DS's hair!!

ETA that it lasts forever. It is a little $ like all their products but we've had one bottle for 6 months (used daily) and it isn't even half used. HTH
/hillary

MMMommy
04-18-2008, 12:04 AM
We use the Suave kids detangling spray, and it works just fine. Inexpensive and gets the job done. DD1 and DD2's hair are so tangled in the a.m., so it helps a lot.

amyliv
04-18-2008, 12:10 PM
We use the one from Whole Foods w/ the Lion too and we like it. My almost 2yr. old DD has a rats nest sometimes... we also use a tiny dab of VO5 cream on either damp or dry hair.

tamie
04-21-2008, 11:05 AM
We love Paul Mitchell's detangler for kids. It smells wonderful and does an excellent job. We have tried a couple from Loreal and Suave and found them to smell too fruity. HTHs!

ellies mom
04-21-2008, 02:45 PM
I use California Baby too but I just watered down their leave-in conditioner in a small spray bottle. It lasts forever that way and they sell it at Target now.

Toffeecakes57
04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
We use the Tiny Tillia Cherry Blossom hair detangler - my sister told me about it and we love the way it smells!!

Jodi (mom to Ella 18 mos and Josh 4 years old)