PDA

View Full Version : Maternity bike shorts, tights?

ThreeofUs
04-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Please help!

I'm looking for maternity bike shorts, and 3/4 or longer dancer's tights. I feel like I just can't live without them right now - especially under skirts.

Anyone know where I can find such items without spending a fortune?

TIA!

apetto
04-24-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't know if there considered tights, but I've heard good things about Spanx's maternity line. I've seen full length and footless calf-length hosiery designed specifically for pregnant women. They're supposed to be great for support and cirrculation. I've only tried their regular line when I wasn't pregnant and they were awesome- great support and shaping without forfeiting comfort. I'd imagine their maternity line is similar. They are a little pricey, but mine held up well and were worth every penny.

ThreeofUs
04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
In case anyone is looking, here is what I found:

Maternity bike/yoga workout wear is extremely expensive (as noted by PP and in many other threads). Most shorts/pants are made of spandex and have the under-belly band.

Target's Champion line, however, has dang near the same construction and are only about $14.

Now, I'm not a fan of Target. I find most of their clothing pretty cheaply made - just my personal preference. But their workout gear was as well or better made than *anything* I saw at local maternity stores as well as the better-quality workout gear my friends showed me.

I got a bunch of skorts in M, L, and XL (for each stage of tummy) for about $13 each. I also found nice lounge pants for $9, and running/yoga spandex shorts for about $15.

These all had what amounted to an under-belly band and were quite comfortable.

HTHS!