PDA

View Full Version : Shark Steam Mop or something similar?

s_gosney
04-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Has anyone tried something like this? I caught a brief part of an infomercial this morning and thought it looked interesting. The ratings online are mixed. We have tile throughout the majority of our house now and it is impossible to keep clean. I've been using a microfiber mop and a water/vinegar spray which works okay but I find the mop hard to push (it grips the floor when wet) and I usually have to do tough spots by hand. Just curious if a steam mop would help this situation any. Thanks for any feedback!

Sherri
dd 10/03
ds edd 05/08

amandabea
04-17-2008, 10:16 PM
i have the Bissell Steam Mop and I like it. It's not the greatest, but what mop really is. I like that there are no chemicals and it's very easy to use. Obviously it's not as good as getting down on your hands and knees and giving the floor a good scrub, but I must confess that I'm not going to do that as often as the floor needs it, so this is a good quick alternative. I've found that it can leave the floor pretty wet (not soaking), but it dries fast. I caught a glimpse of the Shark Steam Mom infomercial and it looks very similar to the Bissell, but I think the Bissell had better ratings. I ordered mine from Walmart.com and ended up buying spare micropad things from Bissell.
HTH,
Amanda

kcimato
04-18-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't have one but over on the garden web forums, people have raved about them.

Drag0nflygirl
04-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I have the shark. I like how light it is. DD actually was able to use it. Imagine steam ironing your floor. Everytime you push forward on the stick it releases steam. I just bought it last week at BJs. They had it packaged with 3 extra cloths (5 total) for $69 compared to $80 at BB&B with only 2 cloths. It was great on the hardwoods. On the tile in my kitchen it did a nice job on the top, and left very little dampness behind. The grout you have to work a little harder at. Like PP mentioned, you will still have to do a hands and knees scrubbing every now and then. For that there's nothing like my Black and Decker Scrub-buster! Love that thing! :love5: