PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay for your laser hair removal?

ciaobella
04-17-2008, 10:21 PM
And what did you have done? How many treatments were required?

I have an opportunity for what is being called a "great deal", but I need some btdt experience to know if it is really a great deal. Thanks!

cca
04-17-2008, 10:48 PM
i paid $1200 for my chin and upper lip area ( 5 treatments 6weeks apart;unlimited followup for 1year) but that was eight years ago. After two pregnancies and the accompanying hormone changes everything is back all over again.

-c

eliasmom
04-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm sure I've blocked the exact price, but I just finished doing my lower legs. I *think* it was about $2000 for 6 treatments and 2 touchups. I'm not 100% hair-free but the reduction is amazing. I really don't have to shave unless I want to make sure I look perfect. I am beyond thrilled.

I also just did my underarms for the first time for $50 - I wanted to see how much it would hurt in that area. I once had them waxed and I thought I was going to die, so I definitely didn't want to commit to a package that I wouldn't end up using. It was super-fast and much less painful than the waxing. If I decide to do a package of 6 + 2 touchups again, it will be $400.

As a sidenote, I have very dark hair and fair skin (and I have been intentionally staying out of the sun), so I'm a prime candidate for it. My technician told me that several people had inquired about doing it on blond hair and they had insisted that *someone* told them a new laser would work on blond hair - she said that is a crock. So... if you have light hair or dark skin, I wouldn't do it.

HTH!

almostmom
04-18-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm doing it right now as well for what I think is a GREAT deal - $1800 for pubic area and full face (after my pregnancies I had lots of neck and cheek hair) - 6 treatments each, plus two extra if I need them. I think that'll pretty much get my there (I've had 5 face and 3 bikinis so far).

I had my lip and chin and bikini area done years ago, and it worked great - it was just the pregnancies that brought it back (and I'm doing more "down there" this time). Then I think it was about $200 or $300 per individual treatment, maybe 10 years ago. I probably did about 5 treatments and it looked really good.

It's a ton of money, but for me the face felt necessary (I was tweezing daily) for living in our world. The other is just a treat to myself for hopefully the rest of my life! And I am not a big spender, nor do I make a lot of money. It's an investment for me.

jayali
04-19-2008, 08:40 AM
I am paying by the visit with my dermatologist. It is $200 a visit for my full face and she said between 4-6 visits would do it. She is also doing my hands because as a teen I shaved them and I don't need to tell you what happened then. I also have light skin and very dark hair, which she said makes me a great candidate. I have a friend that uses the same derm with slightly darker skin and she told my girlfriend that she would require more treatments and it may not be as effective.

I have a friend with dark skin and dark hair who was having a lot of areas done. At first she felt it wasn't working so I guess they "turned up" the heat on the laser and she ended up with burns all over her body. She has permanent scars in some places. So please be careful.

Twoboos
04-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I just started last week - It will be $250 for the next 3, then $175 for any going forward after 4 total treatments. It's a lot but I don't care at the moment. The chin and lip need to GO!!! After approx 20 years of bleach/wax/tweezing I am DONE! :)

I will say the lip hurt SO MUCH, I almost passed out. And I have been waxing for a loooong time, so I figured I would be able to handle it. Holy cow, I wish someone had warned me. A friend recommended getting a topical numbing cream and applying 20mins before the appt. She did this for her bikini lasers and it helped.

ciaobella
04-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks for sharing!

I have medium skin (I tan easily, but the areas I am lasering don't get much sun!) and dark hair. I just did my first treatment for $200 which included bikini, underarms and some spots on my stomach and chest. I am hoping for 4 treaments and 1 touch up. So, it sounds like a fair deal - although still a lot of money for me so it better work!!!

sensiblemom
04-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I went to IdealImage and LOVE THEM! Not sure if they are where you are, but I've had my upper lip, bikini and underarms done. Hmmm, the lip and bikini were about $1200 and that was a visit every 8-10 weeks for over a year (got prego in the middle of the session so actually lasted longer). Underarms I got a 50% off deal - $350!!!! I have a lifetime guarantee. Will have to pay $40 flat fee then $1 per pulse after that - worth every penny!!!!

jayali
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Just remembered a tip. When they do your lip make sure you put your tongue between your teeth and the gum. If the laser bounces off your teeth it can really HURT! A friend said her derm gave her gauze to put between but my derm told me to use my tongue.