PDA

View Full Version : I.am.tired

firstbaby
04-17-2008, 11:29 PM
So, here's what I've managed to heap on my plate right now. 1. I work FT and really am doing the work of 2 or 3 people. I also cover 3 time zones so my day doesn't really turn off until 7 or so at night. 2. Training for a 1/2 marathon "on my own time", meaning when it doesn't take away from work, house, kids, husband, etc. 3. Volunteering with DS's preschool and working as one of the contributors for their big auction 4. Looking for a new nanny for when our current nanny leaves in a couple of months. 5. I do all of our shopping, bill paying, house cleaning, errand running, etc. I long for the weekends when I can just spend time with the kids and not worry about other stuff but never feel like I'm fully present for them - see above items 1 through 5.

I am exhausted. I am crabby. I am exhausted and crabby and jealous of DH who is responsible for getting himself to and from work everyday and spending some time with the kids on the weekend. Our nanny is off tomorrow so I am scrambling looking for child care. I lined something up. That fell through. DH's response? "Sorry I can't help you out. I'm busy at work this week". WTF? Is there a smiley that runs itself over with a car? Because insert that there. Just joking. Kind of.

tylersmama
04-18-2008, 12:13 AM
:hug:

I can't imagine trying to cope with everything you're doing right now! I just ran my first half-marathon two weeks ago (and am running another in two weeks) and the training has completely consumed my life. I'm a SAHM with only one kiddo, so I don't have nearly the amount of craziness in my life that you do!

It sounds like your DH needs to step up and take some responsibility, and if he's not willing to do so voluntarily, you may need to make him. A happy, healthy wife and mama is a much better wife and mama! You have to make time for yourself, and he needs to help you.

Hang in there! :hug:

randomkid
04-18-2008, 01:14 PM
It sounds like your DH needs to step up and take some responsibility, and if he's not willing to do so voluntarily, you may need to make him. A happy, healthy wife and mama is a much better wife and mama! You have to make time for yourself, and he needs to help you.

Yeah, but sometimes that is even more frustrating than just doing it yourself. Like OP, I work (but only part-time - I'd run myself over too if I had to work FT), do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, bill paying, etc. I try to get DH to do more, but I have to constantly ask him to do it. He may step up for a while, usually after I've had a melt down, but then reverts back to doing nothing. He cleans out the garage - alot - and mows the lawn. Notice that I didn't say "does the yard work" because his idea of that is to spray Round-Up on the weeds. I have given him an entire list of things that "need to be done today", just for him to go sit down at the computer. If I don't tell him exactly what to do, he doesn't know where to start. Sometimes it's just easier to do it myself even though it's more exhausting.

Sorry you are so overwhelmed. You may have to do like my best friend and start doing less elsewhere. If the marathon is more important to you, then maybe you need to stop volunteering, or vice versa. My friend was so busy that she never had time for herself. You have to give up something or you will just go nuts!