PDA

View Full Version : The stupid and embarrassing things I have done this week

trales
04-18-2008, 10:01 PM
So if you need a laugh read ahead.

1. Flashing all the neighbors and a state trooper. . . . . I had just finished washing the dog in the shower after he rolled in the mud and was covered with fur. As I was finishing my shower, DH screams, Oh MY GOD, you have to come her, come right now. I run out of the shower dripping wet and buck naked. He is pointing out the window and I see some horses in our yard, along with a few troopers stopping traffic and a bunch of neighbors chasing the horses. DH shouts, Hey guys, do you need a hand and everyone looks up to the window and sees naked me. Thanks DH. He looks at me and says, oh, you should get some clothes on.

2. My dog frees the neighbors baby goats and sheep and almost catches a chicken. I am running around thier yard trying to wrangle the dog with the baby. Luckily, they are good friends.

3. I whacked my thumb and pinched my finger with a hammer, trying to baby proof the deck.

4. And the finally .. . . . DH says, "A friend emailed, can he stay the night" Sure dear, well, the friend shows up in a civil war costume and a musket." It makes for an interesting night.

I have more, but I can't remember right now.

Add your own. What have you done.

bubbaray
04-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Mine is educating a coworker (childless by choice female lawyer, who thankfully is a good friend) who, exactly, The Wiggles are by, yes, you guessed it, singing her "Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car".

But, I think you win -- the naked with horses & cops in your yard is pretty hard to top!

Um, can I just say, the Civil War costume and musket thing would weird me out. I hope he's a good friend LOL!

elliput
04-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I think you can safely blame #1 entirely on your husband. His situational awareness was on empty.:30:

Ah, DH's friend is a re-enactor. Not a big deal at my house, our overnight guests usually have armor and swords.

ha98ed14
04-19-2008, 12:04 PM
This one isn't me, but it is pretty good:

I go to a moms-night-out/off group on Thursday nights. Lots of moms bring their nursing babies. So towards the end of the night, one mom is nursing her son and he pees. She says "Oh, his diaper is really leaking!" Then she looks and realizes that there is no diaper. She gave him a bath and put on his sleeper and completely forgot the diaper. It was hilarious.

Drag0nflygirl
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Ah, DH's friend is a re-enactor. Not a big deal at my house, our overnight guests usually have armor and swords.
Maybe this is what s7714 needs for her skanky BIL's visit this week? :45:

trales
04-20-2008, 08:28 PM
DH's friend was not here for a re-enactment weekend, he was in Boston to renew his Coast Guard 200 ton near coastal. He has been wearing a civil war costume for about 10 years now. I dunno.

I have definitely been guilty of the no diaper thing. I actually went to the ped's office with no diaper bag and no spare diaper, and I got peed on. They had only size 4 diapers, but in a pinch it worked on my 2 week old.