PDA

View Full Version : Help Boosters in 3rd Row 06 Oddssey

ctbarts
04-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I am having a hard time with booster seats in the 3rd row of my 06 Oddssey. I currently have 2 Britax parkways that I use in the third row for my 7 year old who is 60+ pounds and for his 7 year old friends when we carpool. I am having a hard time with the seatbelt twisting and getting slack when I use the parkways in the 3rd row. I worry becasue the seatbelt does not seem to flow through the booster opening smoothly and when my son moves around slack gets in the seatbelt and dos not retract like it should for a snug fit. Also the seat belt always seems to twist, so I have a few questions:

1. Am I doing something wrong?

2. I need to purchase a new booster as we are going to be doing more carpooling, is there one that works better in the 3rd row of the 06 oddssey?

3. Can I use a backless booster in the 3rd row? The seatbacks seem a little low to me and I know high backs are safer but would a backless be okay?

4. There are going to be times when I need to get three boosters across in the back row, any recommendations as to what three woudl work best?

Thank you very much for any help or insights!!!

sarsah
04-19-2008, 09:52 PM
The '06 Odyssey has side curtain airbags, so a backless booster would be ok for your 7 year old and his friends as long as you also use the headrests that came with the vehicle. I've used a Parkway in the third row of my '07 Odyssey which is basically the same vehicle as your '06 and didn't have a problem. Could it be that your DS is twisting the seatbelt when he's buckling -- my DS has done that before.

I just bought at Combi Dakota (backless) booster as a 'spare' for DS#1 (he will be 8 in a few weeks) and he likes it. It has a deep seat which he needs because he has very long legs.

Sarah........