PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...I lost my credit card!

LarsMal
04-19-2008, 10:40 PM
My ONLY credit card (except for my bank card). I am so pissed b/c I don't know if DD took it out of my wallet, in which case it could be ANYWHERE (and I'm betting on down a vent) or I left it/dropped it at TRU last night. Of course by the time I realized it, TRU was closed, so now I have to wait until the morning to call.

DH is so not happy with me. I tell you, if I could just be HALF as perfect as my husband is, I wouldn't have any of these problems! Grrrr...yes, honey, I understand leaving my wallet in arms reach of DD wasn't very smart, but I wasn't thinking as I was trying to carry a crap load of stuff into the house while dealing with two toddlers, and I just dropped the diaper bag w/o taking my wallet out or moving it later, b/c- as always- the two of them require so much attention that the location of my wallet is the last thing on my mind. And, by the way, you were around this morning when she had my wallet, so why didn't YOU take it from her?! I was a little busy getting ready for our trek to Lowe's that I didn't even see her with it until we were heading out the door. I believe you were right in the same room with her all that time!

AAAHHHHH...fingers crossed someone found it at TRU and actually turned it in!

At least I won't be spending any money for the next few days! DH should be happy about that!

sarahsthreads
04-20-2008, 09:46 PM
So?? Was it at TRU? I can totally see this happening to me someday. Now DD is old enough to think she ought to be able to just get my wallet out of my purse and hand the cashier my card. The other day she tried to grab the little pen thingy and sign the electronic pad for me. I'm thinking I ought to start paying for things with cash only around her so she "gets" what money is about and the cards aren't so interesting! ;)

I hope you find your card soon!

Sarah

LarsMal
04-20-2008, 09:50 PM
So?? Was it at TRU? I can totally see this happening to me someday. Now DD is old enough to think she ought to be able to just get my wallet out of my purse and hand the cashier my card. The other day she tried to grab the little pen thingy and sign the electronic pad for me. I'm thinking I ought to start paying for things with cash only around her so she "gets" what money is about and the cards aren't so interesting! ;)

I hope you find your card soon!

Sarah

NOPE! The girl I talked to at TRU was funny, though, as she gave me some great advice- "Why don't you retrace your steps?" Um, hello, that's what I'm doing! She was helpful, though, but the card wasn't there.

I'm sure it's in a new home down a vent somewhere. DH and I turned the house and car upside down and can't find it. We checked online today and there haven't been any new charges, so I'm even more convinced that DD did something with it.

So frustrating! I guess I'll just have to call tomorrow and report it lost and get a new one. Sucks, too, because I need to order some stuff online and now I have to get DH's card to do it, which means he'll want to know what I'm buying and how much I'm spending (DOH!!)

Although...I do have the three digit code on the back memorized, so I don't REALLY need his card....mwahahahahah!